Home > Punjab > Engineering > Mann Village > Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann
Home > Punjab > Group > Mann Village > Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann
Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village, Punjab
Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village, Punjab
Address:Chownk Chowkimann, Ludhiana-Ferozepur Highway
Mann Village (District Ludhiana)
Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab is a recognised institute / college. Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab is managed by Society: Ace Educational and Charitable Society, 482/8, New Town, Moga-142001.
Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab is situated in Mann Village of Punjab state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Mann Village comes under Jagraon Tehsil, Ludhiana District.
Mobile No(s) of concerned persons at Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab are +91-98729-50060, Vikram Grover (8872335555, 9915545413).
email ID(s) is
Website of Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab is http://ludhianagroupofcolleges.org/.
Contact Details of Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab are : +91-88723-15555, +91-88723-25555, +91-88723-35555, +91-1624-235001-02
Following are different groups:
Ludhiana Group of Institutions, Katani Kalan, Ludhiana (It is a group of colleges comprising Ludhiana College of Engineering and Technology Katani Kalan, Ludhiana Polytechnic College, Ludhiana Institute of Nursing)
Ludhiana Group of Colleges, Chowki Mann, Near Ludhiana (It is a college / integrated campus)
College name / city spelling confusions:
Chowk Chaukiman (Wrong)
Chowki Mean (Wrong)
Chowki Mann (Correct)
Admission Cell Director: JS Soodan
CoursesLudhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab runs course(s) in Engineering, Business Management, Computer Applications stream(s).
Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, MCA
MBA (College got approval for reducing seats of MBA from 120 to 60 vide Govt order dated 14.02.2013)
Polytechnics 3 Years Diploma in Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Profile of Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) ChowkimannLudhiana group of colleges (LGC) has been established under the aegis of Ace Educational and Charitable Trust, promoted by reputed philanthropists of Punjab. The trustees are already running many educational institutes of repute in the state. The trust is headed by Sh. Brij Pal Singh Sachdeva, who are determined to impart the best quality education by providing the latest facilities in the campus for the benefit of the faculty and the students. All courses being provided at LGC are affiliated to Punjab Technical University and are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Govt. of Punjab.
LGC is located on the Ludhiana-Ferozepur road, just 25 kilometers from Ludhiana, and 8 kilometers from Jagraon. LGC strives to provide excellent quality education and hence deserves the support of academia and industry for the betterment of the students. LGC provides congenial and conducive work and learning environment.
Various courses being offered at LGC include MBA, MCA, B.Tech. (Computer Sc. and Engg, Electronics and Comm. Engg, Civil Engg., Mechanical Engg., Civil Engg. and Electrical Engg), BBA and BCA.
Mechnical Engineeing Department
To broaden the Outlook of Students by taking their trips to various industries and arranging their practical training in reputed industries of their concern
To impart in-depth knowledge and training in the fields of Automobile Engg, Compressors and Turbines, refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Hydraulic Machinery. Industrial Measurement, optimal use of energy etc.
To give adequate practical training on different machines, Engines, Tools, Machine Tools and other equipments in Mechanical Engg Labs and Workshop.
To inculcate the capabilities of Designing and Developing a Machine or its parts by encouraging the students prepare working models of their minor and major projects
As per the requirement of the industries and the corporate sector, the prominent feature of an engineer is to present the facts and content in the most logical manner. Apart from this a confidant personality can lead a group and face any situation at corporate level. In order to inculcate such traits in the future engineers the department helps to boost their moral and develop their personality and communication skills by conducting various group discussion and seminars.
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION LABS
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION LABS
Digital Circuits and Logic Design Lab
Microprocessors and Microcontroller Lab
Basic Electronics Lab Instrumentation Lab
Linear Control System Lab
Linear Integrated Circuit Lab
Analog Communication System Lab
Data Communication Lab
Digital Communication Lab
Analog Electronics Lab
Electrical Engineering Department
LGC is fully equipped with infrastructure for Electrical Engineering.
We have pride to have fully equipped / well established labs with latest and sophisticated gadgets like D.C. motors, transformers induction motor etc. where students aspire to learn inquisitively. Students are under the complete guidance and direction of well-qualified faculty. Classroom teaching is supplemented in labs, what they learn in theory they apply in labs. It is our aim to give guidelines for laboratory work to the students, so that they can perform the practical work efficiently, effectively and skillfully so that their minds are trained for undertaking the technical responsibilities.
Basic Electrical Engineering lab.
Electric Machines -1 Lab.
Power Electonics Lab.
The department imparts high quality education and carries out research to broaden the knowledge of the students. For this purpose all the laboratories are fully equipped with state of the art facilities. The students are well trained for the design and construction of various civil structures as per requirement of the industry, public and corporate sector.
WHY MBA SHOULD BE A CAREER OPTION
The prime reason contributing to the importance of an MBA is the professionalism that now exists in the corporate world.
An MBA gives aspirants a secure professional future. MBA from the best institutes provides students with jobs even before completion of the course.
Students from any stream like Arts, Science, Commerce, Engg, and Pharmacy etc. are eligible. To make it in the corporate world even professionals with other qualifications like CA, MCA, ENGG. etc find MBA to be an effective career booster if they wish to pursue a carrier in organizational administration.
MBA today is looked upon as an entry level qualification in most corporate organizations.
* Personality development of students through specially designed modules.
* Integrated and holistic approach to decision-making and problem solving.
* Industry institute relation through summer training, regular placement, seminar and executive development programmes etc.
* Emphasis on group work and team building.
* Rigorous coaching and continuous evaluation.
* Faculty and student collaborative activities.
* If you thought learning was all about mugging up tons of crap , then you are in for a pleasant surprise. We provide comprehensive study guide for the MBA course.
About the Course
This course is a full time course of Punjab Technical University and also approved by All India Council for Technical Education, Govt. of India. The present days demand constant change in business administration. Persons holding the managerial positions are required to cater to the business needs. Hence Professional Managers are in great demand. MBA course produces such managers.
The students are engaged in in-house and industrial computing project work for programming, networking and database management skills. The MCA course includes a lot of practical oriented teaching methods including live project work under the guidance of faculty members.
The teaching includes use of various audio visual aids for use of PPT slides, videos, live discussions and online demonstrations.
The students are given additional training in programming skills, database management and networking as over and above the university prescribed syllabi. Industrial training is essential part of MCA curriculum. The teaching methodology also includes industrial visits for specific training wherever employability skills and scope can be enhanced. Internet facility is available round the clock through wi fi systems.
The BBA programme of the Institute introduces and exposes the student to various industry-specified management functions such as those in the areas of marketing, finance, human resource and system. This enables a student to get attuned to the expectations of corporate culture. The Bachelor of Business Administration Program aims to impart knowledge and understanding of the basics of management. It is designed for students seeking a career in management after graduation and also for those who wish to progress to the MBA qualification later. The duration of the course shall be three years, divided into six semesters. B.B.A Course is designed to provide basic understanding about Management education and to train the students in communication skills effectively, with inculcate entrepreneurship skills. The students are prepared to explore opportunities being newly created in management profession. Students are groomed to become Future managers in various areas like Marketing, HR, Finances etc. The objective of the BBA Programme is to impart rigorous theory and practical curriculum to help us in developing each students total personality. It is designed to give 10+2 students an exposure to management skills needed for the creation of specialists who can integrate across functional areas in any organization. It will develop them as problem solvers and entrepreneurs. Executive jobs at entry level are available across the industry after BBA.
The department boasts of faculty with immense industry and teaching experience. The department focuses on development of logical, decision making and communication skills for quick and remunerative employability. The department has separate computer labs, seminar halls and emphasizes practical exposure through industry based assignments and project work. An extensive use of case studies, discussions and presentations is made to train the otherwise shy students into confident and self-dependant professionals.
Emphasis on self study
Small industry based projects
Case based, practical and skill development oriented teaching methods.
Emphasis on students logical and decision making abilities.
Focus on leadership, communication and human relation skills
Frequent interaction with industry professionals
Computer Labs of CSE department have of a total of 318 computers and all labs are fully air conditioned. Labs has no of branded computers (IBM, HCL, PCS) in all software labs ( P-IV) with 30 computers in each lab and a separate Internet lab and a Data Communication lab. The Internet lab is kept open for 8 hours a the day .All the computers in labs and in the various departments are inter connected on LAN, which in turn gets connected to Internet.
A separate Server Room has been established with latest and high-speed server to meet the efficient utilization of software and hardware on LAN. The college has high-speed 512kbps Internet made available 8 hours a day and 5 days a week. The Internet is provided via radio frequency link.
B.Tech students of department go through a number of theory subjects like Computer Architecture, operating system, Data structure, Digital Circuits and Logic Design, Programming Languages, Expert system, Software Engineering etc. To enhance their Practical knowledge they have to work on C++ Programming, Data structure and Algorithm Analyses and Design, Graphics lab, Network lab etc.
* Sprawling pollution-free campus of 15 acres
* Wi-fi enabled
* Located on the NH1, 5 kilometers from Khanna, and 25 kilometers from Ludhiana
* Beautifully landscaped Ludhiana.
* Spacious and air conditioned class rooms
* Separate boys and girls hostel accommodation within the campus.
* First aid and emergency medical facilities available.
* Food court built to the highest standards of hygiene.
* Bus facility available from Ludhiana, Mandi Gobindgarh and other locations
Design and Analysis of Algorithms
All Labs are equipped with the all latest software. The students are developing their skills using ORACLE 9i, VC++, VB, .NET and Internet tools apart from traditional package like C/C++, JAVA, DOS, MS-Windows, MS-Office, AUTO CAD, etc.
The Students are also encourage to follow up in the laboratories, the latest developments in the field of Information Technology like Web page design, E-Commerce, Multimedia etc.
Various software packages are there that required for lab sessions of different subjects of the course curriculum. The department strongly believes that neither the industry, nor the academics alone have the resources to adequately deal with the quest for innovative excellence in this field of computers, for global competitiveness.
Hence the Institute-Industry interface programs enables the students to interact constantly with the industries. Equal importance is given to the classroom learning which is meant primarily for the theoretical or conceptual inputs of knowledge on a variety of projects.
To impart practical training in the subject of Manufacturing Practices and Workshop Technology. The college has eight well- equipped workshops housed in a standard industrial building. These shops are
* Carpentry Shop,
* Electrical and Electronics Shop,
* Fitting Shop,
* Foundry Shop,
* Welding Shop,
* Smithy Shop,
* Steel Metal Shop
* Machine Shop.
Individual attention is paid to all the students for development of proper skills and proficiency in various manufacturing processes. Safety precautions are on high priority while performing work in workshop.
Proper handling of tools and correct technical practices are ensured for accident-free smooth functioning of the shops.
Our college library is the hub around which all the academic activities of the college revolve. LGC has a computerized and air-cooled duplex library. The reading halls are tastefully furnished with a seating capacity for more than 100 Students. The serene atmosphere and rows of neatly stacked books pertaining to courses of study, supplementary reading, general reading and personality Development etc., play a major role in attracting the students to the library. The library subscribes to various national and international periodicals, magazines on current affairs and general interests, and national and regional dailies to keep the students knowledge up to date.
To cap it all library has a highly qualified and motivated staff to help the students in pursuit of knowledge. Books of all trades and Subjects are Available to Students. Students can issue the Books with their ID card or Smart Cards Provided to them.
A fully computerized, spaciously accommodated library has been established to cater to the academic and intellectual needs of the students and the faculty. The College Library consists of three sections- the general section, the reference section and the reading section. It is stocked with more than 10,580 volumes consisting of text books and reference books on the various subjects of Engineering, general knowledge and current affairs.
The College subscribes to 25 national and 35 International professional journals, magazines and newspapers. The catalogue of the books is available on the computerized software on-line for the users. The acquisition of books and journals to the library is a continuous process. The students are encouraged to read more and more books and issued books on very easy terms.
The Library staff holds frequent reading and book- hunting competitions among the students to inculcate a reading habit in them. The Library is linked through the digitalized/electronics linkage facility to the All India level E- Resources for Providing access to the latest updates in knowledge in the field of Science and Technology
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
The library is primarily intended for the students and staff of the college, who can make use of library collections, facilities and services in accordance with the rules. Others can use the library only with the special permission of the Principal.
The teachers, students and non-teaching staff of the college can enroll themselves as members by filling a prescribed application form and agreeing to abide by the rules.
General library Rules
1. Books must be returned on the due date.
2. The Students are expected to maintain discipline and silence within the library premises.
3. Bags are Not allowed Inside.
4. Students are not allowed to take any book outside the library without permission.
6. The Students may be re-issued the books if not in demand. The re-issue is done on the physical presentation of the books.
7. No reader is allowed to use Mobile / Cell phone in Library Premises and they must switch off their mobile phone before entering the library.
8. The Librarian may recall any book at any time if there is a demand.
9. Students are required to surrender their borrower cards / tickets etc. to the circulation desk before leaving the institute and only then they will be given NO DUES CERTIFICATE for the Library.
10. Outsiders are allowed to visit the Library with prior written permission of the Principal. The last borrower shall be responsible for any damage to the books / periodicals etc. unless it has been pointed out at the time of issue.
11. The NO DUES CERTIFICATE can be secured from the library after surrendering the borrowers card and cleaning all library dues. In case of the loss of Borrowers card, No Dues Certificate can be issued only 14 days after the normal expiry of the membership. Provisional NO DUES CERTIFICATE cannot be issued.
Canteen is there in between the Campus where Students relax and chat around in spacious, clean and comfortable environment. There is a provision for fresh and hygienic eatables at reasonable rates. Students enjoy and gossip in their leisure time. It is a relaxing place for tired students and they gather here for a break from their regular studies. Quality of eatables is given prior preference.
Hostel facility is provided in College Campus, truly represent home away from home where students live in comfortable and congenial atmosphere. Special care is taken for their food and proper discipline is maintained. Well furnished boys hostel has been built in the college campus whereas the girls hostel is under construction inside the campus. Hostel is in the college campus under the direct supervision of a trained hostel warden to supervise and assure neat and clean living environment for the students.
However, for the time being, the boarding and lodging facility for the girls student has been provided at Mohali with latest furnishing, till the girls hostel comes up on the campus.
1. The hostel shall be open to regular students on the rolls of the college. The rooms will be allotted on merit based, on CET and later based on relevant odd semester results.
2. On allotment of a room to a student / group of students, they should check up all the room fittings, electrical fittings, fixtures and the furniture in the room. They should sign a receipt for the fittings / fixtures and furniture in the room in the record register.
3. Every boarder is provided with a chair, a table and cot. He will be responsible for the items given to him / her. Furniture is not to be removed from one room to another. Every boarder is to see that no damage is done to the Hostel property. Fitting and repair charges for any damage (intentional or through negligence) are to be borne by the boarder concerned.
4. Each student shall stay in the room allotted to him / her and shall not change without the permission of the warden.
5. No electric appliances other than the standard fittings duly prescribed, are permitted to be used in the room (s) with the exception of one Table Lamp.
6. Loud signing and playing music system and musical instruments in the room(s) are forbidden.
7. Any resident desiring to go out of station or stay outside overnight must take the written permission of the warden during the college hours. Every leave must be recorded in the leave register and an entry must be made in the register available in the office of the hostel warden before leaving the hostel.
8. Ragging of any student inside or outside the campus is strictly prohibited. The ragging shall lead to strict disciplinary action including expulsion from the college.
9. The residents of the hostel are not permitted to keep any inflammable material, fire arms or any other objectionable material in their rooms.
10. The hostel can be got vacated at any time by the principal of the College without assigning any reason. The Principal reserves the right to modify, alter or add to the rules at any time at his discretion and without notice.
11. Any meeting to be held in the hostel premises should have the prior approval of the Principal / hostel Warden. Students holding unauthorized meetings will be expelled from the hostel.
12. The messing arrangements will be under the direction of the Warden and for his / her assistance there will be a Students Mess Committee. Mess off can be given on Saturday and Sunday and other holidays by noting down in a Register kept in the Mess. For any other working day, the leave from the College duly sanctioned by Respective HOD / Coordinator by the Department concerned will be necessary before the mess off is given by the Wardens.
13. a) Guests are not, ordinarily, permitted to stay in the hostel except in the case of parents / guardians. The student must get permission for keeping his / her guest in the hostel. The gust so allowed will be kept in the hostel guestroom. Their names will be entered in the guest register kept in the hostel. A token guests for residence in the guestroom.
b) A boarder keeping a guest without permission is liable to be fined. A boarder may be expelled from the hostel by the Principal, if the boarder is in the habit of staying away without the permission or found guilty of misconduct or indiscipline.
LGC runs a fleet of buses which caters to the transportation needs of students, staff and
visiting guests, and provides links from campus to Ludhiana, Moga, Jagraon, Raikot etc.
The Highly professional Training and Placement Cell, headed training and Placement officer has been established in the College with the objectives of Planning,Supervising,Monitoring and Evaluation of on-the Job Training of Students in Industries of Repute and other Organization and Providing Facilities and assistance to the Students in career Selection by Maintaining an active liaison with the Prospective Employees.
The Objectives of Training and Placement Cell is
* To Create awareness regarding new technologies and the latest demands of the market and job requirements of various companies.
* To Encourage the students to take up the industry related projects independently.
* To Provide specialized professional course currently in demand jointly with reputed Industrial Organization.
* To Organize mock test and seminars to generate confidence before campus placement.
* To Achieve maximum placement in reputed companies.
The Training and Placement Cell was established with a view to encourage the students to develop their skills for achieving success in various fields. The Training Cell is assisted by the association of all the Engineering and Post Graduate departments. The Training and Placement Cell of the College is a forum for Industry-Institute Interaction. Eminent personalities from the Industry and other Institutes are invited to give lectures in the College. Besides this, a number of workshops on personality development are arranged for the overall development of the students. The Training and Placement Cell also arranges various technical symposia like hardware and software applications, technical paper presentations on the emerging fields with a view to bring out the technical expertise within the students. The Training and Placement Cell works for the whole year interacting with Departments of the various esteemed organizations so as to invite them to our college for recruiting the future of the industry
Message By Principal
This is my proud privilege to welcome all the students who have joined various engineering and management streams in our institution. This college strives to impart excellent quality education with human touch through highly qualified well trained faculty who has extensive industrial exposure. We are committed to produce competent professionals very well trained to handle various engineering and management responsibilities in the corporate world. The teaching â€“learning process will include visit to various industries, intensive corporate interaction as well as guest lectures by highly revered scientists and professionals from the renowned educational institutes and corporate houses. The college has state of the art laboratories, workshops and hi-tech library having large variety of books, periodicals, national and international journals to meet the demands of today as well as future. The institute also has state of the art language lab to develop effective technical communication skills among the students. The institute is providing playgrounds and ample opportunities to the students to participate in extra co-curricular activities for the harmonious development of the students. There will be enough incentives for meritorious students. On the behalf of college management, I assure all the students as well as their parents that with the help of faculty and staff members, we will educate and train our pupils in such a manner that they succeed in their future endeavors and bring laurels to this institute.
Message By Chairman
There is a tremendous need to focus on providing quality education that is relevant
to current and future industry requirements. LGC has been established with the sole
purpose of setting the highest standards of education at par with the international
level. LGC is committed to impart meaningful education with an aim to produce
competent professionals who are employable globally and those, who want to be
entrepreneurs, have the skills, knowledge and abilities to start their own venture.
We are committed to continuous upgrading and modernizing the infrastructure, lab
equipment and software, whenever needed. We hope our trained and qualified faculty
will adopt effective teaching methodology. We also understand the need of acquiring
competent faculty and facilitating their professional growth. The teaching and
learning will not be limited to exchange of ideas from books by teachers to the
students, rather it involves development of overall personality of the students by
On behalf of all the management committee, I assure that LGC will contribute
enormously and effectively to the careers of all those who have imbibed a penchant
for learning new and more skills.
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann
B Tech, BBA and MCA (Admission Notice)
Profile of Ludhiana group of college (Profile)
B Tech, BBA and BCA (Admission Notice)
Students wants admission in Ludhiana Group (Profile)
Training and Placement Officer (Job Vacancy)
LGC students pledge to vote (News)
Training and Placement officer (Job Vacancy)
Training and Placement officer (Job Vacancy)
Two students groups clash (News)
Survey camp in LGC (News)
MBA, BBA and BCA (Admission Notice)
Joint Campus Placement Drive (Vacancy)
Associate Professor (Job Vacancy)
Training and Placement Officer (Job Vacancy)
Students vallo college parbandka virudh rosh dharna (News)
Students dharna on Management (News)
Joint Campus Placement drive (Vacancy)
Ludhiana Group Chaukiman ilake lai vardan (News)
Ludhiana Group of ollege vikhe seminar (News)
Lecturer and TNP Officer etc (Job Vacancy)
Professor, Asstt Professor and Lecturer (Job Vacancy)
Prof, Asstt Prof and Associate Professor etc (Job Vacancy)
Faculty for MCA,MBA and PCM etc (Job Vacancy)
Faculty for BTech and MBA (Job Vacancy)
Faculty for Mechanical Engg (Job Vacancy)
B Tech Diploma in Engineering (Admission Notice)
Principal HOD and Assistant Professors (Job Vacancy)
Proffesor Assistant Proffesor and Associate Proffesor etc (Job Vacancy)
Lecturer and Non Teaching Staff (Job Vacancy)
Workshop Instructor (Job Vacancy)
Professors and Lab Teachnicians (Job Vacancy)
BTech MBA and MCA etc (Admission Notice)
Summary: Ludhiana Group of Colleges (LGC) Chowkimann, Mann Village Punjab website, mobile, contact address and approval / recognition details.