Largest database of Universities and Colleges in India situated in more than 9000 towns.
Home Contact Us
Pvt Institutes in Punjab
Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana, Punjab
Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana, Punjab
Address:Career House, Bindra Complex,
Ludhiana (District Ludhiana)
Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana Punjab is a recognised institute / college.
Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana Punjab is situated in Ludhiana of Punjab state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. email ID(s) is
Website of Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana Punjab is www.ice.net.in.
Contact Details of Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana Punjab are : Telephone: +91-161-2460226, 2453807
CoursesB.E (Civil Engineering), B.E.(Architectural Engineering)
Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana Punjab runs course(s) in Engineering stream(s).
Profile of Institution of Civil Engineers (India)ICE (I)
Civil Engineering is an age-old profession and has been defined traditionally as a great art, on which the wealth and the well-being of the whole of society depends. Its essential feature, as distinct from science and the arts, is the exercise of imagination to fashion the products processes and people needed to create a sustainable physical and natural environment. It requires a broad understanding of scientific principles, knowledge of materials and the art of analysis and synthesis.
It also requires research team work, leadership and business skills. A Civil Engineer is someone who practices all or part of this art. Our old monuments and structures speak a lot about practical development of Civil Engineering in this country.
Looking to the importance and development of this profession, most of the countries including UK, USA, Australia, Japan, China etc. created their separate societies to help ensure and maintain high standards among its members, a role that they continue to play even today.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (India) is one such Institution of its kind for Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering Education in this country which provides avenues for quality education in these disciplines. It also contributes to the strengthening of resources for Civil Engineering as well as Architectural Engineering.
About The Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
Civil Engineering profession, although is the oldest profession did not have a Society of its own in India unlike other engineering disciplines. To fill this vacuum and to improve and establish the standards of Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering profession the ICE (I) was formed. The ICE (I) is registered under Societies Registration Act 1860.
The ICE (I) is committed to support and promote professional learning (both for students and for existing practitioners),
managing professional ethics and safeguarding the status of Engineers, Architects and representing the interest of the respective profession in dealing with the Government and various other sectors of the Society. The Institution of Civil Engineers (India) is the only Institution of its kind in India which provides avenues for quality education in Civil Engineering/Architectural Engineering disciplines in particular.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (India) conducts the Degree and Diploma level examination in Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering twice a year for those, who for various reasons, could not fulfill their ambition to become Degree or Diploma Engineers but had to take up employment at lower level. They want to upgrade their educational qualification and improve their employment status.
* To contribute to the strengthening of resources for Civil Engineering as well as Architectural Engineering.
* To interface with leading institutions for knowledge sharing and engaging in research and dissemination of related knowledge for the development and also in making it available for the benefit of Society as well as policy making organizations.
* To create institution of excellence for promoting skill based programmes in the field of Civil Engineering as well as Architectural Engineering.
* To develop content of course curriculum and research in the field of Technical Education with special reference to Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering.
* To create an environment where Civil Engineers/Architects could take active role in the international community and where Civil Engineering/Architectural Engineering technologies may contribute to the amenities for the people at national and international levels.
* To provide high quality educational programmes for the candidates to enable them to achieve success in their immediate as well as long term professional careers and as practitioners in their respective fields.
* To create an understanding and appreciation of professional and ethical responsibility in the practice of Civil and Architectural Engineering.
* To provide awareness of professional as well as technical education.
* To arrange and manage undergraduate and postgraduates programs in the field of Civil Engineering as well as Architectural Engineering.
* To conduct research in the field of technical education with special reference to Civil and Architectural Engineering.
* To provide professional literacy and other social activities by awareness program in the form of seminars and camps.
* To serve as an agency for effective dissemination of information related to Civil Engineering as well as Architectural Engineering, hence to publish newsletters, bulletins or journals and use such other means as felt necessary to further this purpose.
* To conduct vocational training program in the field of Civil Engineering.
* To purchase, acquire the land and building in the name of Society and make its construction.
* To publish or cause to be published and to print learning and other material developed by the Society.
* To prescribe rules and conditions for registration of candidates for appearing in examinations in Civil Engineering as well as Ar
* chitectural Engineering in consonance with and necessary for the proper fulfillment of its objectives.
* To appoint committees or sub committees as deemed fit to carry out the objectives of the Society and to prescribe rules and regulations for the proper functioning of such committees.
* To do other things, acts, activities, which may be necessary and incidentally conducive to the attainment of objectives of the Society.
Board of Management
The Board of Management of the ICE (I) is the Principal Executive Body of the Institution. The Board of Management has the power of management and administration of the Institution and the conduct of all affairs of the Institution not otherwise provided for.
For fulfillment of the objects of the Institution to make it an Institution of excellence for promoting skill based programmes in the field of Civil and Architectural Engineering.
The Advisory Board consists of renowned academicians and field functionaries in Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering in India and abroad to give their expert advise on academic policies and programmes of the ICE (I) for maintaining high standards of quality education in Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering,
Keeping in view the emerging trends and technologies world over and to advice on measures to ensure effective dissemination of the information related to Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering through various medium.
Executive Council is the principal Council of the Institution to monitor and control the executive functions of the Institution. This Council assists the Board of Management in the discharge of many of its functions of Academic and Administrative nature to strengthen the Institution in all respects.
Academic Council exercises general supervision over the academic work of the Institution, methods of evaluation, research and improvement in academic standards. It lays down curriculum and frame syllabi for various programmes offered by the Institution and promote research activities and programmes. It determines equivalence and improvement in academic standards of the Institution.
Examination Council is the highest body for the conduct of Examination. It lays down pre-examination, actual conduct of examination and post examination processes of the Examinations. The Examination Council appoints Paper Setters, Moderators, Evaluators and also Result Committee. It functions under the overall control of the Board of Management.
It takes all measures to maintain reliability, validity and credibility of the examinations conducted by the Institution. The Council prescribes several inbuilt checks and balance to achieve its objectives.
Finance Council is the main body for approving the annual accounts and financial estimates of the institution and it also fixes the limits for recurring and non-recurring expenditure for the year based on the income and resources of the Institution. Finance Council examines all financial proposals in its entirety before the Board of Management accords its approval.
ICE (I) Enrolment and Examinations
By virtue of the authority vested in the Institution of Civil Engineers (India) by the Govt. of India, the Institution conducts Part I and Part II Examinations and Architectural Engineering and Section A and Section B Examinations for Associate Membership in Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering.
The Institution conducts the Examinations in June and December every year. The Institution may, however, change the frequency and timings if necessary.
The Institution maintains reliability, validity and credibility of its Examinations. In order to achieve this objective, several in-built checks and balances are kept in the system.
Online Qualifying Examination for ITI Holders
The Academic Council of ICE(I) has decided to hold a Qualifying Examination to facilitate the students who have passed ITI Examination (in the relevant trade) or 10+2 in vocational and to allow them lateral entry for enrolment to Technician Membership Examination (Part-II) of Civil and Architectural Engineering.
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
Some other Colleges in Punjab
SD College of Education, Barnala
SD College Campus
Barnala (District Barnala)
GNN College for Women, Nakodar
Nakodar (District Jalandhar)
Sant Avtar Singh Ji Yadgari College, Seechewal
Post Office Rupewal
Seechewal (District Jalandhar)
Satguru Partap Singh Apollo Hospitals, Ludhiana
Ludhiana (District Ludhiana)
Malwa Institute of Higher Studies, Sardulewala
Sardulewala (District Mansa)