Home > Punjab > Authorities > Chandigarh > Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training
Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh, Punjab
Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh, Punjab
Address: Plot / Street / Area
Plot No. 1A, Sector 36-A
Chandigarh (District Chandigarh)
Punjab, IndiaPin Code : 160036
Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh Punjab is a State Authority under the control of State Government.
Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training is situated in Chandigarh of Punjab state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Chandigarh comes under Chandigarh Tehsil, Chandigarh District.
Fax # of Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh Punjab is +91-172-2660747, 2660734, 2622583, 2622587.
Contact Person(s) of the Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh Punjab is (are): AR Talwar (Principal Secretary Technical Edu & Indl Training).
Mobile No(s) of concerned persons at Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh Punjab are 84374-92555, 84374-92666, 84374-92777, 84374-92888, 84374-92999.
email ID(s) is
Website of Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh Punjab is www.punjabteched.com, punjabgovt.nic.in, dtepunjab.org.
Chairman : Sewa Singh Sekhwan (since April 2015).
General Secretary : G.S. Ghuman IAS.
Contact Details of Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training, Chandigarh Punjab are : Telephone: +91-172-2615389, 2615385, 2622584, 2622585
Directorate of Technical Education 0172-5022742, 5022363, 5022371
Prof. (Km) Susheel Mahajan (O)2615384, (R)2602114
Sh. H.S. Nanda, PCS, Secretary (O)2660747, (R)2692122
Dr. A.S. Arunachala, Registrar (O)2622583,(R)2656335
other email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Dr Balraj Singh, Director Academics
Profile of Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial TrainingThe Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (PSBTE&IT) is an autonomous statutory authority created under The Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training 1992 Act for regulating and controlling academic standards in institutes of Technical Education and for making admissions and conducting examinations in Polytechnics and Industrial Training Institutes located in the state of Punjab and Chandigarh.
Prior to the establishment of the The Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, the Board was functioning as a wing under the Directorate, Technical Education and Industrial Training (Punjab) looking after both the examination and administrative aspects of different Polytechnics.
The Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training is an autonomous statutory authority created under The Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training 1992 Act for regulating and controlling academic standards in Institutes of Technical Education and for making admissions and conducting examinations in Polytechnics and Industrial Training Institutes.
The major policy decisions of the Board are made by the Board of Management comprising of senior officers of the State government and eminent persons from the fields of Industry, Education, etc. Chairperson and Secretary
Presently Mr Suresh Kumar, IAS, (1983 batch) is the Chairman of the Board. The day-to-day activities of the Board are looked after by the Chief Executive Officer who is also the Secretary of the Board. The Secretary of the Board is deputed by the government from amongst officers of PCS cadre. At present Dr. Amarpal Singh, PCS is the Chief Executive Officer of the Board.
The following officers of the Board assist the Chairman and Secretary of the Board:
1.*Registrar-cum-Controller of Exams*Dr. A.S.Arunachala
2.*Administrative Officer**Sh. J.S. Badhan
3.*Controller Exam (ITI)*S. Mandeep Singh Dhillon
4.*System Analyst**Mrs. Ambica Chawla
5.*Controller (F&A)*Sh. M.C. Tiwari
6.*Director Academics*S. Narinder Pal Singh Lamba
7.*Dy. Director Academics*Sh. Sandeep Bajaj
COMMITTEES OF THE BOARD
The Board has four statutory committees:
* Examination Committee: This committee assists in framing the policies regarding the conduct of examination.
* Affiliation and Accrediation Committee: This committee deals with the affiliation of the new institutes and approval of new courses in the existing institutes.
* Finance Committee: The activities of this committee relates to allocation of budget and other financial policies of the Board.
* Academic Committee: This committee deals with the framing of curricula for the new courses, revision of curricula of the existing courses and monitoring the implementation of curricula in the institutions.
ACTIVITIES OF THE BOARD
The Board is carrying out the following major activities: -
* Admissions: -*The Board makes admissions to 28 Engineering Diploma Courses in 43 Institutions affiliated to the Board in the State of Punjab and Chandigarh (U.T.). The Board admits about 6000 students to various diploma courses in these Institutes. These admissions are made through the Joint Entrance Test, which is usually conducted in the month of May/June every year. In addition, the Board also make admissions to diploma in Pharmacy and Modern Office Practice (Not through JET).
* Registration of students: - The students admitted to the various affiliated Institutions of Board are issued photo-registration cards as bonafide student of the Board. Every year registration cards are also issued to the students of ITI courses.
* Conduct of examination: - In addition to the JET the Board conducts two semester examinations every year i.e. May and December for diploma courses. This also includes the supplementary examinations. In addition, during May, Examinations are also held for annual courses like diploma in Pharmacy and diploma in Tool and Die Technology.
The Board conducts the following examinations for the I.T.I. courses-
1.*Apprenticeship examination in May and November
2.*Final Trade Test in July
3. Supplementary Final Trade Test in March.
All the answer books of various examinations are evaluated in the Boards office by the panel of teachers selected by the Board. The results of the examinations are compiled and declared within two months of the completion of the examination.
* Certification of the pass out students: - The successful students who complete their diploma course are issued computerised / calligraphically written final diploma certificates. On an average 5000 certificates are issued every year for diploma students. Similarly about 10,000 ITI certificates are issued to the students who pass the Final Trade Test and Apprenticeship Examinations.
* Revision of Curricula : - The curricula of the courses offered by Board are periodically updated as per the needs of the industry. Efforts are being made to introduce a higher percentage of practical components in the curricula.
The Board affiliates only those institutions which are approved by All India Council Of Technical (A.I.C.T.E.). There are 19 Government Institutions in the State of Punjab and 3 Government Institutions under UT Administration. There are Aided Institutions and Unaided/Private Institutions in the State of Punjab.
The profile of Institutes on Boards web site is based on the information provided by Institutes . All the institutes must go through the profile of their institute and for any changes they must contact the Office of the Board through email firstname.lastname@example.org Courses The Board conducts examinations for various Engineering and Non-Engineering Diploma courses running in the various Affiliated Institutions. Admission through Joint Entrance Test (JET)
Diploma Courses - After Matric
* Architectural Assistantship
* Automobile Engineering
* Chemical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Computer Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Electronics and Communication Engineering
* Electronics (Microprocessor)
* Electronics and TeleCommunication Engineering
* Fashion Design
* Garment Technology
* Information Technology
* Instrumentation Technology
* Interior Design and Decoration
* Leather Technology
* Leather Technology (Footwear)
* Library and Information Sciences
* Mechanical Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning)
* Mechanical Engineering (Tool and Die)
* Medical Laboratory Technology
* Plastic Technology
* Production and Industrial Engineering
* Textile Design
* Textile Processing
* Textile Technology (Spinning)
* Textile Technology (Weaving)
* Textile Technology (Knitting)
Diploma Courses - After 10+2
* Diploma in Pharmacy
* Diploma in Ayurvedic Pharmacy
* Modern Office Practice
* Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Part Time Diploma Courses - After 10th with working experience
* Civil Engineering (PTD)
* Electrical Engineering (PTD)
* Mechanical Engineering (PTD)
Post Diploma Courses - After Diploma in relevant field
* Post Diploma in Automobile Engineering
After 10+2 (Non-Medical) OR Intermediate OR equivalent with 50% in PCM
* Aeronautical Engineering and Aircraft Maintenance
Certificate Courses - After Matric
* Skilled Technician (Machine Maintenance)
* Skilled Technician (Machinist)
* Quality Assurance Inspector
Industrial Training Institutes (ITI)
There are 172 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and Art and Craft Institutes spread throughout the State of Punjab. They have been categorised under four regions namely : Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar and Bathinda. Examination of 83 different trades affiliated with the National Council of Vocational Training of Government of India and State Council of Vocational Training are conducted and evaluated by the Board.
At a time Board handles about 10,000 to 12,000 students of different trades. The Board conducts four examination for the ITI courses (May, July, November and March) every year. About 10,000 ITI students who pass the Final Trade Test and Apprenticeship examinations are issued certificates.
Announcements (For ITIs)
* Registration - Submission of Cases for Registration
* Submission of APF for 94th Apprenticeship Examination to be held in May-2011
* Programme of the 94th All India Trade Test
* Conduct of July 2011 examination for Private candidates
* Additional chance for All India Trade Test of Craftsmen
* National Trade Certificate Examination for private candidates
* Information Brochure for Private Candidates (Year 2011)
(Working in Organisations / Factories covered under Apprenticeship Training Programme)
* Registration Feb 2011 - Welfare Scheme
* Programme for All India Trade Test of Craftsmen ..... Feb 2011
* Regarding Registration of students in courses : Cutting, Tailoring and Emb., Teacher Training, Craftsmen scheme/ six month course - Feb 2011
* Date Sheet for Security Manager Examination - Jan 2011
* Examination Centres for NCVT / SCVT Craftsmen Scheme Supplementary Trade Test - Jan 2011
* Programme for the All India Trade Test of Craftsmen under Craftsmen Training Scheme to be held in Jan - 2011 and Datesheet for Art and Craft, Teacher Training Examination
* Schedule for APF submission for Jan 2011 examination
* Schedule for Registration to various trades in session 2010
* Regarding submission of APF for 93rd Apprenticeship Examination to be held in Oct-2010
* List of Institute name along with Codes
* List of Trades along with Codes
Notices / Advertisements / Tenders
* Conduct of State Board May 2011 Examination
* 2nd meeting of the Principals of the Polytechnic with reference to JET 2011
* List of New Diploma Courses as approved by AICTE
* Data of already processed Refund Cases of Online counseling 2010 (.xls format)
* JET - 2011 (Advertisement)
* Session 2011-12 : For New Institutes / additional courses / increase or decrease in intake of existing courses
* Download performa : For additional courses / increase or decrease in intake of existing courses (.pdf format)
* Download performa : For additional courses / increase or decrease in intake of existing courses (.doc format)
* Performa to supply Faculty Position
* Scheme of award of scholarship to the students of Diploma (year 2010-2011)
* Scheme of award of full fee concession to the students of Diploma (year 2010-2011)
* Govt. of Punjab .... Notification regarding Fees for diploma Courses
* All Principals of Polytechnic colleges : Feed back performa regarding curriculum.
* Publication of Boards Newsletter
* Provision of text books for meritorious students of Diploma from 2009-10
* Regarding Providing of Financial Assistance to the outstanding students of weaker sections of the society.
* Scheme of award of Full Fee Concession to the Students of Diploma
* Scheme of Award of Scholarship to the students of Diploma
* Introduction of Appraisal System in Industrial Training Education
* National Conference on Advances in Pharmaceutical Technology and Drug Research.
* S.V.C.P. students qualified GATE 2009
* A dreadned Disease Diabetes can be detected by saliva.
* Seminar on Pollution free Diwali in Mehr Chand Polytechnic.
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Punjab State Board of Technical Education (PSBTE) and Industrial Training
Joint Entrance Test for three years Diploma Courses (Entrance Test)