Home > Himachal Pradesh > Universities > Hamirpur > Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU
Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
Address:Camp Office: Government Polytechnic
Camp Office: Gandhi Chowk
Hamirpur (District Hamirpur)
Himachal Pradesh, IndiaPin Code : 177001
Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh is a University recognised by UGC. Status: State Govt University.
Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh is situated in Hamirpur of Himachal Pradesh state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Hamirpur comes under Hamirpur Tehsil, Hamirpur District.
Fax # of Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh is 01972-259152.
Mobile No(s) of concerned persons at Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh are VC Prof Shashi Dhiman +91-98171-09004, +91-94594-90400.
email ID(s) is
Website of Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh is http://www.techeduhp.com/, www.himtu.ac.in.
Vice Chancellor : Prof Shashi K Dhiman (Born in Village Purba, District Kangra).
Registrar : Ms. Rakhil Kahlon (wef 07.05.2011), addnl charge of HP Sub-Ordinate Selection Commission Mobile 9418088701.
Contact Details of Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh are : Telephone numbers: 01972-259151, 259152, 218025, 224153
Vijay Chandna HAS Director(TE) 01907-266120, 266752
Sh. Shivender Doegar Phone No.01792- 223753 (Tele Fax) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com website: itisolan.org
It is hereby informed to all concerned that Himachal Pradesh, Technical University (HPTU) has started its operations with its headquarters at Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh. Professor Shashi Kumar Dhiman has joined as the first Vice Chancellor of the H.P. Technical University.
As per notification dated 22nd February, 2011 issued by Himachal Pradesh Government all the academic activities relating to the admission of candidates, affiliation, inspection of Technical Institutions/Colleges, conduct of examinations and award of degree will be done by H.P. Technical University from the academic session 2011-12 onwards. The management of all government and private institutions i.e. B.Tech, M.Tech., MBA and B.Pharmacy may contact the authorities/officers of HPTU for related purposes.
Assistant Registrar: Sh. B.L. Verma
Finance Officer: Suresh Chandel
Profile of Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTUOverview & Genesis
Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal Hon'ble Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh has announced the establishment of Himachal Pradesh Technical University with the objective to create excellent competent environment to impart the technical education across the State. Accordingly, the Himachal Pradesh Technical University (Established and Regulation ) Act, 2010 (Act No. 16 of 2010 of Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly which was assented by the Honâ€™ble Governor on 28th July, 2010. Subsequently, the Governor, Himachal Pradesh is pleased to appoint the 21st August, 2010 as the date on which the said Act shall come into force. The first Vice-Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh Technical University has taken over the charge on 7th January, 2011.
The Himachal Pradesh Technical University is established with the objectives for value creation and welfare in society through technical education and training, research, innovation, public and private sector consultancy, entrepreneurship, continuing education programmes, autonomous Colleges/Institution and affiliating constituent and private Colleges/Institutions. At the same time the University is responsive to the changing and exceptional requirements of our societies and economies and contribute to find answers to global problems.
This implies the continued existence and evolution of the University â€“ defined by a commitment to offering society need-based and research-based technical education to increasingly diverse student bodies, to strengthening the linkage between teaching-learning and research, and to providing the University students with competences required to rapidly changing skilled labour markets.
This requires the University with different traditions, vision, mission mixes, and thrust areas in the context of a system of higher education Institutions incorporating progression routes from one institution to another, based on equality of esteem for diverse missions, and aware of the importance of balancing the need for competitiveness with that of enhanced cooperation, social cohesion and solidarity. The first statutes are based on a desire of the authorities of this University, to assign competence and responsibility to the relevant and to regulate by statutes only that which is required by the Himachal Pradesh Technical University Act of 2010 to be regulated by statutes or which is obviously necessary.
Profile of VC Prof Shashi Kumar Dhiman
Name: Professor Shashi Kumar Dhiman
Office Address: Vice Chancellor, Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur, H.P. INDIA.
Professor (On Leave), Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla
Mobile: +919817109004, +919459490400
Residential Address: Saraswati Apartments, Sandal Chakkar, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Telephone +91 177 2831800 (R), +919817109004
Permanent Residence: Vill. & P.O. Purba, Teh. Dheera, District Kangra H.P. 176084
Current Research Interest
(a) Application of Nuclear Sciences in Medical and Alternative Energy Technologies.
(b) Development of nuclear density functional theories based on effective field theories â€“ relativistic and non relativistic: Atomic Nuclei, Hypernuclei and Compact Stars.
(c) Quantum Computation and Information Technologies.
Statement Of Research
1. Nuclear Density Functional Theory: The main research interest will remain consistent and, focused on the studies of strongly interaction mutli-particle system within the framework of Effective Field Theory (EFT) based Nuclear Density Functional Theory (DFT) for nuclear many body problem, both non-relativistic and relativistic. We will take advantage of recent developments in Kohn-Sham DFT in other fields and, construct a corresponding generalized nuclear DFT which can include, in principle, the effects of all many-body correlations including pairing densities. This will be based on EFT Hamiltonians that are linked to QCD through the symmetries of that theory. The functional will be generalized to accommodate additional densities such as the kinetic-energy density. This can be done using either the wave function method or a Legendre transform in the effective-action framework. Further, the nuclear energy density functional will be enriched by the density dependence of iso-vector and iso-scalar coupling constant. We want to expand the parameterization of Nuclear DFT to cover the aspects dictated by the physics arguments and /or motivations coming from the EFT and QCD. This require the studies of new functional when applied to infinite or semi-infinite nuclear matter. This can be done using either the wave-function method or a Legendre transform in the effective-action framework. The resulting functional and models will be employed to calculate nuclear structure properties and nuclear matter properties using ab initio approach that can be related to QCD via chiral EFTs, and to predict currently unknown nuclear properties with plausible theoretical error estimates.
2. Studies of atomic nuclei and hypernculei: The current issues and topics in the nuclear manybody physics where the nuclear DFT can applied are; the nucleon-nucleon pairing, brokensymmetries, single particle energies and, further, for improving the energy density functional.
3. Studies of Compact Objects: We are also interested to understand the stable and unstable phases of dense matter in the interior of compact stars. We would like to extend nuclear DFT to construct the EOSs of dense nuclear matter of compact star of astrophysical interest. The EOSs of neutron star will constructed within the framework of nuclear DFT and, the quark phase of the EOS will be treated using Relativistic Quark model based on the Nambu-JonaLasino (NLJ) model. The results of nuclear and particle models in-terms EOSs in conjunction with General Theory of Relativity will be employed to study the structure properties of compact stars.
Research and Academic Contributions
1. Total numbers of research paper published: 68 papers (Peer refereed International Journals: 27 papers, National Journals and conference proceedings: 41 papers)
2. Total number of Conferences/workshops/seminars etc attended and organized: 52 attended, and 7 academic programmes organized at Shimla and Delhi
3. Research Guidance experience: Number of Ph.D. thesis guided: 3 students, Numbers of M. Phil thesis guided: 12 students, Numbers of M.Sc. Project guided: 20 Projects.
4. Edited Books:Nuclear Structure Physics at The Extremes: New Directions, Shashi Kumar Dhiman and Radhey Shyam, @Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University Shimla.
Permanent Teaching and Research positions held at
1. Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Since, June 1997 â€“ continue
2. School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, May 2005 â€“ March, 2006.
3. Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, January 1993 â€“ June, 1997 4. SRF (UGC), Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla 1992-1993 5. JRF (UGC), Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla 1990-1992.
Recent Foreign Visits
1. Visiting Professor, Institute of Nuclear Theory, University of Washington, Seattle, USA, May, 2009.
2. Visiting Professor, Institute of Nuclear Theory, University of Washington, Seattle, USA, October - November, 2005.
3. Visiting Scientist, Nuclear Physics Group, Department of Physics, The University of Birmingham, UK January- February, 2005.
4. Centre for Nuclear and Radiation Physics, Department of Physics and Electronic, University of Surrey, UK, January, 2005.
Awards and recognition
1. UGC-CSIR (NET) Joint test qualified in 1989 for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility of Lectureship in Indian Universities / Colleges.
2. Awarded SERC (Department of Science and Technology) Visiting Fellowship Year 1998. Worked at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics Kolkata.
3. Nominated as a Speaker under TPSC program (Theoretical Physics Seminar Circuit) for years 2000-2001 TPSC program funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
4. Nominated as a Speaker Under TPSC program (Theoretical Physics Seminar Circuit) for years 2001-2002 TPSC program funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
Participation in the Corporate Life of the University
1. Vice Chancellor, Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur, Since January, 2011 â€“ Continue (for Three Years). For detail please see Annexure I.
2. Member, Regional Committee, North West Region All India Council of Technical Education, Chandigarh, May, 2011- Continue (for Three Years)
3. Director, University Institute of Information Technology, Himachal Pradesh University Shimla, Since May 2008 to January 2011. UIIT offers B. Tech. in Information Technology program from the H.P. University Campus and, academic Nodal Centre for development and designing of course curriculum for all the undergraduate (B. Tech.) and postgraduate (M. Tech.) engineering program being offer by H. P. University through its affiliated engineering colleges located in Himachal Pradesh.
Vision Report for Engineering Education:
Some highlights from the vision report prepared for University Institute of Information Technology:
a) Proposed Engineering and Technology Programs (B. Tech., M. Tech, Integrated Management programme, and Research Programmes)
b) Petroleum Technology and Management.
c) Hyro-electric Engineering.
d) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
e) Nuclear Science Technology and Electronics engineering.
f) Environment and Material Sciences Engineering.
g) Civil Engineering.
h) Electronics and Communication Engineering.
i) Computer Science Engineering.
j) Electrical Engineering.
The program fee/ tuition fee waiver, this scheme has been implemented in UIIT from 2009 batch, for women, economically backward, and physically handicapped meritorious students in radio of 2:3:1. The funds of the scholarships have generated from the self finance scheme of the institute. This is not burdening the public exchequers of the H.P. University and state Government.
Merit scholarships for topper in each semester implemented since June, 2008 onwards from UIIT self finance funds.
4. Chairman, Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla since July, 2009-January, 2011
5. Chairman, Board of Studies UG and PG in Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla since July, 2009 â€“ January, 2011
6. In-charge Library (Departmental level), School of Physical Sciences, JNU, New Delhi, 2005 -2006.
7. Warden (Boys Hostel), Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, 1999 â€“ 2001.
8. Member, Faculty of Sciences Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (1998-2000).
9. Member, Faculty of Physical Sciences Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (2007-onwards).
10. Member, Faculty of Engineering and Technology Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (2008- onwards).
11. Member, Board of Studies in Physics PG and Research degrees, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla 1997-1999, 2002-2004, 2009-continue.
12. Member, Board of Studies in Physics PG and Research degrees, Kashmir University, Kashmir, J&K, 2010-continue.
13. Member Board of study in PG and UG degree programmes in all Engineering braches being offered by H. P. University through Affiliated Engineering Colleges.
14. Member, Advisory Committee, Adult, Continuing Education & Extension Programme H. P. University (2008-onwards).
15. Member, Advisory Committee, Interdisciplinary Centre for Australian & New Zealand Studies, HP University (2008 onwards).
16. Assistant Regional Director, Regional Centre, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Shimla (January, 1993 â€“ June 1997): I was involved in the implementation and monitoring of Engineering programs (Diplomas, B. Tech. degree), Business and Management programmes (MBA, PG and Advanced Diploma in Management), Medical and Health degree programme (B. Sc. nursing and PG Diploma in Maternal and Child Health Care) and all other academic degree programs of IGNOU being offered in H.P., Jammu & Kashmir, and Chandigarh.
Research and Development Project
1. Principal Investigator, Hartree Fock Bogoliubov model studies of double beta decays, Year 1997-1999, Funded by University Grants Commission, Status: Completed 1999.
2. Principal Investigator, Nuclear Structure and transfer reaction for nuclear astrophysics Year 2001-2006, Funded by Department of Atomic Energy Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, Status Completed, 2006.
3. Members, FIST- DST Funds for Establishing Computational Physics Lab (12Lacs) and Teaching Lab (11Lacs) (in Year 2002) Status Completed, 2007.
4. Project Coordinator, To establish 128 core (32x4) High Power Computational Cluster Facilities (60 Lacs) and To establish Vibrating Sample Magnetometer Facilities (90 Lacs) in year 2009, funded by the Department of Science and Technology, under FIST Scheme, status: Ongoing.
5. Spokes person (on behalf of Physics Department): UGC-SAP proposal Presentation at New Delhi 2009 (Funds Sanctioned Rs 60 LAKHS).
6. Spokes person (on behalf of Physics Department): FIST-DST proposal presentation 2009, INSA New Delhi (Funds sanctioned Rs 1.50 CORES)
Design of Curriculum
1. Coordinated the designing of syllabi for all branches of engineering degree programs being offered by H.P. University, Shimla.
2. Designed syllabus in Physics for various courses and specialization paper in Nuclear and Particle Physics, for M.Sc. Physics students in 1998, 2002, and syllabus for Nuclear and Particle Astrophysics Advanced Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Physics, and Nuclear Technology 2009.
3. Designed syllabus in Advanced Topics Nuclear Structure and Computational Physics special paper for M. Phil. students in 1998.
Research and Academic Contributions
1. Shashi K Dhiman and Prianka Roy, Study of T = 0, 1, 2 nuclei of Kr, Sr, and Zr by Monopole Corrected Effective Interactions within Variational Mean Field Theory, under review with Journal of Physics G: 2010 (The Institute Of Physics, UK).
2. Prianka Roy and Shashi K Dhiman, Studies of 6 Z 44 Ti and 48 Cr nuclei within Variational Mean Field Theory, International journal of Modern Physics E 2010, appear in November issue.
3. Shashi K Dhiman and Neelam Guleria, Structure of Î›Î› hypernuclei with the SkyrmeHartree-Fock Theory, Accepted and In Press with DAE Symp on Nuclear Physics 2010.
4. Gulshan Mahajan and Shashi K Dhiman, Nuclear Matter equation of state at finite temperature within extended relativistic mean field model, Accepted and In Press with DAE Symp on Nuclear Physics 2010.
5. Shashi K. Dhiman, Gulshan Mahajan and B.K. Agrawal, Parameteric relationalship between properties of static limit and rotating equilibrium sequences of compact stars, Accepted and In Press with DAE Symp on Nuclear Physics 2010.
6. Shashi K Dhiman and Prianka Roy, Monopole corrected interaction for T = 0, 1, 2 nuclei of Kr, Sr, and Zr within variational mean field theory, Accepted and In Press with DAE Symp on Nuclear Physics 2010.
7. Prianka Roy and Shashi K Dhiman, Study of neutron-proton correlation for N = Z 72 Kr, 76 Sr, and 80 Zr nuclei, Accepted and In Press with DAE Symp on Nuclear Physics 2010.
8. Shashi K. Dhiman, Gulshan Mahajan, and B.K. Agrawal, Properties of static limit and rotating equilibrium sequences of compact stars: Systematic correlations and constraints, Nuclear Physics A836, 183-197 (2010), [15pages] (Science Direct Elsevier) URL:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nuclphysa.2009.12.063
9. Prianka Roy and Shashi K Dhiman, Influence of pairing in double beta decay of Ca, Pramana: Journal of Physics 74, 365-376 (2010) [12pages] (Springer, Germany) http://www.ias.ac.in/pramana/v74/p365/fulltext.pdf
10. Yuvraj Singh, C. Bihari, A.K. Varshney S. K. Dhiman, K.K. Gupta, and D.K. Gupta, Ground and gamma band energy systematics in even xenon and barium nuclei, Canadian Journal of Physics 88(3), (2010) 201-209, doi:10.1139/p09-093 (National Research Council Canada).
11. Shashi K. Dhiman, Computing of Atomic Nuclei and Nuclear Matter, Simulation studies and large scale computing, IUAC, New Delhi October, 2009.
12. Shashi K. Dhiman, Structure properties of the hypernuclei within Skyrme force based energy density functional, Effective field theories and many body problem, May 22, 2009, INT University of Washington USA, http://www.int.washington.edu/talks/WorkShops/int_09_1/People/Dhiman_S/Dhimans hashi.pdf
13. B. K. Agrawal and Shashi K. Dhiman, Stable configurations of hybrid stars with color-flavor-locked core, Physical Reviews D79, 103006 (2009) [11 pages], (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevD.79.103006.
14. Shashi K Dhiman, Neelam Guleria and R. Shyam, Effective Î›N and Î›Î› Interaction with the Skyrme Hartree Fock Theory, DAE Symp. Nuclear Physics 54, (2009) 460.
15. B. K. Agrawal, Raj Kumar, and Shashi K. Dhiman, Correlations in the properties of static and rapidly rotating compact stars, Physical Reviews D77, 087301 (2008)[4 pages], (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevD.77.087301
16. Prianka Roy and Shashi K. Dhiman, Quadrupole Deformation in Isospace for all pairing modes DAE Symp. Nuclear Physics 53, (2008) 313
17. B. K. Yogi, A. Agrawal, M. K. Sharma, R. Kumar N. Madhavan, S. Murlithar, S. Nath, S.K. Dhiman and A.K. Sinha, Influence of weakly bound 9Be in Fusion by Comparing 9 Be + 116 Sn and 10 B + 7 115 In Reactions DAE Symp. Nuclear Physics 53, (2008) 411
18. Shashi K Dhiman, B.K. Agrawal and Navdeep Singh, Equilibrium configurations of rapidly rotating compact stars: Hybrid Equations of state, Raj Kumar, DAE Symp. Nuclear Physics. 53, (2008) 663
19. Shashi K. Dhiman, B.K. Agrawal and Raj Kumar, Neutron star properties with accurately calibrated field theoretical model, Physics an astrophysics of Hadrons and Hadronic matter, Edited Book, Narosa, 2008 Page 251.
20. Shashi K. Dhiman, Raj Kumar and B. K. Agrawal, Correlations in the properties of non-rotating and rapidly rotating compact stars, Quarks in Astrophysics and Cosmology, by Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata at Puri, 2008.
21. Shashi K. Dhiman, Raj Kumar and B.K. Agrawal, Nonrotating and rotating neutron stars in extended field theoretical model, Physical Reviews C76 045801 (2007)[13 pages] (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.76.045801
22. Y. Singh Chhail Bihari, M. Singh, S. K. Dhiman, A.K. Varshney, K.K. Gupta, and D.K Gupta A New Approach to evaluate rotational energies in 124-132Ba Nuclei, DAE Symp. Nucl. Phys. 52, (2007) 201
23. Shashi K Dhiman, Raj Kumar and B. K. Agrawal, Neutron stars in the extended field theoretical Model, DAE Symp. Nucl. Phys. 52, (2007) 564
24. R. Kumar, B. K. Agrawal and Shashi K. Dhiman, Effect of omega meson selfcoupling on the properties of finite nuclei, Physical Reviews C74, 034323 (2006) [10 page] (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.74.34323
25. B. K. Agrawal, Shashi K. Dhiman and R. Kumar, Exploring the extended density dependent Skyrme effective forces for normal and isospin-rich nuclei to neutron stars, Physical Reviews C73, 034319 (2006) [14 page] (The American Physical Society, USA) URL:http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.73.34319
26. J. J. Das, V. M. Datar, P. Sugathan, N. Madhavan, P. V. Madhusudhan Rao, A. Jhingan, S. K. Dhiman, S Barua, S. Nath, T Varughese, A. K. Sinha, R. Singh, A. Ray, D.L. Sastry, R.G. Kulkarni, and R. Shyam, Astrophysical S factor from a measurement of d( 7 Be, 8 B)n reaction at E cm 17 = 4.5 MeV, Physical Reviews C73, 015808 (2006) [5pages] (The American Physical Society, USA), URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.73.015808
27. R Shyam and Shashi K. Dhiman, Nuclear Structure inputs for nuclear astrophysics, Nuclear Structure Physics in the Extremes: New Directions, Edited by Shashi K Dhiman and R. Shyam , Himachal Pradesh University, 2006, Page 141-145
28. Shashi K Dhiman, Raj Kumar and Priyanka Roy, Isospin invariant neutron-proton pairing correlations in N = Z nuclei, Nuclear Structure Physics in the Extremes: New Directions, Edited by Shashi K Dhiman and R Shyam, Himachal Pradesh University, 2006, Page 201-208
29. Shashi K Dhiman and R Shyam, Structure of 8 B and Astrophysical S factor, Journal of Physics: Nuclear and Particles Physics G31, 1531 (2005) URL:http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0954-3899/31/10/026 17
30. Shashi K. Dhiman, Neutron-proton interaction and back bending even-even Cr Nuclei, Journal of Physics: Nuclear and Particles Physics G30, 1465 (2004) [13pages] (Institute of Physics United Kingdom), URL:http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/09543899/30/10/012/
31. J. J. Das, V. M. Datar, P. Sugathan, N. Madhavan, P.V. Madhusudhan Rao, A. Jhingan, S. K. Dhiman et al, New measurement of d( 7 Be, 8 B)n reaction at E = 4.5 MeV for the extraction S factor using ANC method, Nuclear Physics A746, 561c (2004) [4pages] (Elsevier), URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nuclphysa.2004.09.090 17
32. P. K. Raina, A. K. Shukla, P. K. Rath, B. Dixit, K. Chaturverdi , R. Chandra, S. K. Dhiman and A. J. Singh, The n-p Interaction effects on the double beta decay nuclear matrix elements for medium mass nuclei, Phys. Atom. Nucl., 67, 2021 (2004) [6pages] (Springer), URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1134/1.1825522
33. J. J. Das, V. M. Datar, P. Sugathan, N. Madhavan, P.V. Madhusudhan Rao, A. Jhingan, S. K. Dhimans et al, New ANC measurement of the astrophysical S (0) of d( 7 Be, 8 B)n reaction, AIP Conf. Proc., Vol. 704, 563 (2004)[4pages], URL: http://link.aip.org/link/?APCPCS/704/563/1,
34. Shashi K. Dhiman and Priyanka Roy, Spectroscopic properties of N = Z nuclei in 0f1f shell with mean field approximation, DAE-BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Vol. 46B (2004) 35. Shashi K. Dhiman and Priyanka Roy, Isospin invariant n-p pairing correlations in N = Z nuclei, DAE-BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Vol. 46B (2004) cm 17
36. Shashi K. Dhiman and R. Shyam, Importance of the structure of 8 B nucleus, DAEBRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, India 46B (2004)
37. Shashi K. Dhiman, Astrophysical S-factor within the frame of nuclear structure and transfer reaction, Workshop on Neutrinos of nuclear, particle and astrophysics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India (2004) 38. S. S. Chandel, S. K. Dhiman and R. Shyam, Structure of 8 B and astrophysical S factor in Skyrme Hartree-Fock theory, Physical Reviews C68, 054320 (2003) [7pages] (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.68.054320
39. S. K. Dhiman, S. S. Chandel and R. Shyam, Importance of the structure of 8B nucleus, International Sump.â€ A New Era of Nuclear structure, 2003, Niigata University Japan.
40. S. K. Dhiman, Hartree-Fock-Bogoliubov model calculations, Radioactive Ion Beams and Physics of Nuclei away from the line of stability, Edited book, page 239 (2003) [11pages] 17
41. S.K. Dhiman and SS Chandel, Pairing plus quadrupole-quadrupole (P+Q.Q)Hamiltonian for Hartree-Fock-Bogoliubov method, Proceeding DAE Symposium Nuclear Physics, 45B (2002)
42. S. K. Dhiman and R. Shyam, Spectroscopic factors of some astrophysical important nuclei in Sk HFB framework, Proceeding DAE Symposium on Nuclear Physics, 45B (2002)
43. J. J. Das, V. M. Datar, P. Sugathan, N. Madhavan, P. V. Madhusudhan Rao, A. Jhingan,S. K. Dhiman et al, Status of measurement of 7Be(d, n) 8B reaction to determine the astrophysical S (0) factor using ANC method, Indian J. of Phys., 76S, 133 (2002) [4pages] (Springer) 17
44. S. K. Dhiman, Nuclear structure studies in mean-field approximation, Workshop Nuclear Structure and Reaction Theory, Nuclear Science Centre, New Delhi (May 2002)
45. Shashi K. Dhiman and P. K. Raina, Quadrupole-Quadrupole plus pairing interactions study of systematic for Î²Î² decay sensitive medium mass nuclei, S Physical Reviews C64, 024310 (2001) [5pages] (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.64.024310
46. P. K. Raina, S. K. Dhiman, and P. K. Rath, Nuclear models: some new developments, Nuclear Structure and Dynamics, Edited book, page 192 (2000)[7pages]
47. S.K. Dhiman and R. Shyam, The S (0) factor for 7Be(p, Î³)8B reaction from the analysis of nuclear reactions and structure, Int, Sump. Nuclear Physics, Mumbai 2000. 17
48. P. K. Raina, P.K Rath A. Shukla and S.K. Dhiman, Fixing of monopole strength through transition charge density study of 76Ge nucleus, Proceeding DAE Int. Symposium on Nuclear Physics, 43B (2000)
49. Shashi K. Dhiman, Double beta decay and nuclear structure (Invited talk), Proceeding DAE Symposium on Nuclear Physics, 42B (1999)
50. Shashi K. Dhiman, Neutrinoless double beta decay and nuclear structure (Invited talk), National workshop on nuclear structure and reactions, Punjab University Chandigarh 1998.
51. S. K. Dhiman, Projected Hartree-Fock-Bogoliubov model studies of double beta decay processes, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics Vol. 40B (1997).
52. S. K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina, Application of microscopic variational model calculation for neutrinoless double decay processes, DAE Sump (HEP) Vol 1 (199697) 69.
53. S. K. Dhiman, et al., 0Î½Î²Î² decay matrix elements for 76Ge and 82Se nuclei in microscopic variational framework, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics Vol. 39B (1996)20.
54. S. K. Dhiman, et al., 2Î½Î²Î² decay matrix elements and half lives for g.s. to g.s. and excited state decays from 116Cd nucleus, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics Vol. 39B (1996)102.
55. A. J. Singh, S.K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina, Some systematic of the double beta decay sensitive nuclei in mass 100-130 mass region, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics Vol. 39B (1996)100
56. B. Dixit, S. K. Dhiman, P. K. Raina and P. K. Rath, Study of double Gamow-teller matrix elements in the framework of spin tensor decomposition of effective two-body interaction for Ge isotopes., DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics Vol. 39B (1996)98
57. S.K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina, Microscopic Variational model calculations for 2Î½Î²Î² decay matrix elements for 100Mo decay. Int. Sump. Nuclear Physics (INPS-95), A31 (1995). 58. S. K. Dhiman, P. K. Raina, and P. K. Rath, Nuclear structure and double beta decay for 128 Te and 130 Te nuclei, DAE Int. Sump. Nuclear Physics (INPS-95), Vol. A34 (1995).
59. P.K. Raina, A.J. Singh and S.K. Dhiman, Reflection of nucleonic occupancies on the transition charge densities of Ge and Se nuclei, DAE Int. Sump. Nuclear Physics (INPS-95), A35 (1995).
60. S.K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina Double beta decay half lives for 76Ge and 82Se, DAE Sump. HEP Vol. 1 (1994-95) 95.
61. S. K. Dhiman and P. K. Raina, Two-neutrino double beta decay matrix elements for ground and excited states of 76Ge and 82Se nuclei, Physical Reviews C50, R2660 (1994) [4pages] (The American Physical Society, USA) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.50.R2660
62. A. J. Singh, P. K. Raina and S. K. Dhiman,Quadrupole-quadrupole plus pairing interaction application to transition charge density calculations in some even-even Pd nuclei, Physical Reviews C50, 2307 (1994) [8pages] (The American Physical Society) URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevC.50.2307
63. S.K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina, Two neutrino double beta decay matrix elements and half lives for 76Ge and 82Se nuclei, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics 36B (1993) 28.
64. S.K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina Double beta decay matrix elements for two neutrino decay mode of selenium and Krypton nuclei, Int. Conf. Part. and Nuclei (PANIC 93)1993.
65. A.J. Singh S.K. Dhiman and P.K. Raina,Some observation in the transition charge densities of medium mass nuclei, Int. Conf. Part. and Nuclei (PANIC 93) 1993.
66. S.K. Dhiman, A.J. Singh and P.K. Raina, Reflection of sudden change in occupancy of f5/2 on transition charge densities, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics 35B (1992) 28
67. A.J. Singh, S.K. Dhiman, and P.K. Raina, Testing of Q.Q and pairing interaction for the calculation of dynamic characteristic in case of Palladium nuclei, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics 35B (1992) 74
68. A.J. Singh, S.K. Dhiman, and P.K. Raina, Transition Charge densities for hexadecupole excitation in some Ge nuclei, DAE Sump. Nuclear Physics 35B (1992) 103.
Research Students Guided
Ph. D. (Three completed and three in progress)
Dr. Prianka Roy has completed her Ph. D. thesis entitled â€œNuclear Structure and Pairing Interactions in iso-spaceâ€ in 2009
Dr. Raj Kumar has completed his thesis entitled â€œCompact Stars and the equations of state for dense nuclear matterâ€, in 2008
Dr. Brij Kumar Yogi has completed his Ph.D. these on â€œStudy of 9 Be Breakup Influence in Fusion around the Barrier by Comparing Reactions 9 Be + 116 Sn and Inâ€ in 2006.
M. Phil. (13 completed and one in progress)
M.Sc. (Twenty three students completed Projects on different topics of Theoretical Physics and Computational Physics) 10 B+ 115
Teaching (Last Five Years)
1. Nuclear and Particle Physics (basic and advanced).
2. Nuclear Astrophysics.
3. Quantum Mechanics.
4. Statistical Physics (HPU & JNU).
5. Subatomic Physics (J.N.U.).
6. Computer Languages C/C++, FORTRAN 77 & 95.
7. Computational Physics
1. Advanced Quantum Mechanics.
2. Nuclear Physics.
3. Advanced Computational Physics.
1. Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, Topic: Nuclear Structure studies and double decay processes.
2. Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata, Topic: Nuclear Astrophysics and Radioactive Ions Beams, and Nuclear Structure, Nuclear Dense Matter, Structure Properties of Compact stars.
Scientific Reviewers for
Physical Review C, Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and PPhysics, and Pramana: Journal of Physics.
PhD and MPhil thesis for many Indian Universities
Academic Programmes Organized at Shimla
1. First Principle and other Simulation Methods in Condensed Matter Physics, March 22- 29, 2010
2. Refresher Course In Physics, Chairman, April 19 â€“ May 08, 2009
3. International Conference Muilt-functional Oxide Materials, April 16-18, 2009
4. Refresher Course In Physics, Coordinator, March 11-31, 2008
5. International workshop â€œNuclear Structure Physics at the Extremes: New Directionâ€, March 21-24, 2005, Secretary.
6. School on Nuclear Reaction and Structure studies with low energy stable and unstable heavy ion beams, September 25-29, 2000, Convenor 7. SERC School on Nuclear Reaction and Dynamics, October 20- November 07, 1997, Co-Director.
Membership of Professional Bodies and Voluntary Activity
(a) Indian Physics Teacher Education: Life membership.
(b) Solar Energy Society of India: Life membership.>
(c) Indian Physics Association: Life membership.
(d) American Physical Society: Life membership (unpaid).
(e) Pragya Pravah: State Co-ordinator (organise various social issue based academic activities)
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU
BTech and B Pharmacy Courses (Admission Notice)
Preparation of Master plan digitalized topographical survey of land (Tender)
BE,BTech and B Pharmacy Courses (Admission Notice)
Computer Asstt cum clerk (Job Vacancy)
Pharmacy first year ka result ruka (News)
Engg Students prefer other states (News)
8 th se vocational education (News)
BTech and B Pharmacy Courses etc (Admission Notice)
Technical University ke pathaykaram par ki charcha (News)
Computerisation of the examination (Tender)
Computerization of Examination (Tender)
Engg ke sath manviye mulyo par bhi milegi shiksha (News)
MTech and M Pharm Courses (Admission Notice)
B and M Pharmacy (Admission Notice)
State Level Common Test for MCA (Entrance Test)
B Pharmacy admission exam from 22 (News)
B Pharmacy examination centre changed (News)
B Pharmacy result announced (News)
Computer Asstt and Steno typist announced (News)
Vice Chancellor (Job Vacancy)
HPTU running says VC for past 5 months (News)
18 in race for HPTU VCs post (News)
Result of 35 colleges stopped (News)
Poor results expose engineeing colleges (News)
B Pharmacy, M Tech and M Pharm (Admission Notice)
B Tech, MBA and M Pharm (Admission Notice)
HPTU cancels B Tech re appear exam after paper leak (News)
Nagrota college may be designate college of HPTU (News)
Teachers barred from active politicking (News)
MBA Course (Admission Notice)
HC turns down Pvt Technical college plea (News)
Teachers told to adopt latest techniques (News)
Teachers mgmts should imrove education standards (News)
Programmer and System Analyst (Job Vacancy)
HPTU high fee irks private Institutions (News)
Students hassled as tech varsity online delivery system develops snag (News)
HPTU plans entrance test for engg students (News)
CET will help leftout students, HPTU (News)
MBA, MCA and B Tech (Admission Notice)
MBA, MCA and B Tech (Admission Notice)
B Tech and MBA Programme (Admission Notice)
Cabinet nod to quota in PG courses (News)
Media coverage of Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Technical University Appoints First VC Prof Shashi K DhimanThe Government of Himachal Pradesh has appointed Professor Shashi K Dhiman as first Vice Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur on January 07, 2011. The state Government of Himachal Pradesh had passed the act of Himachal Pradesh Technical University, in July, 2010, following which, it has become the fourth University in the state.
Professor Shashi K Dhiman was born in the Village Purba, District Kangra, and attained his High School Education from village itself, Bachelor’s Science from DAV College Kangra, and Master of Science, Master of Philosophy and Doctorate of Philosophy in Nuclear Sciences from Himachal Pradesh University Shimla. He has published more than 70 research papers in peer refereed International and National Research Journals and presented his research work in many national and interaction conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Dhiman has acted as Principal Investigator/Project Coordinator for many research projects being funded by University Grants Commission, Department of Science and Technology, Board Research in Nuclear Sciences, Department of Atomic Energy, etc. He held permanent teaching and research faculty positions in Indira Gandhi National Open University 555-5555, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 555-5555 (on EOL from HPU), and Himachal Pradesh University Shimla 1997- till date.
Before joining as VC, he was Director, University Institute of Information Technology since May, 2008 and Chairman, Department of Physics, H.P. University Shimla. He has visited many Universities including the Institute of Nuclear Theory, aUniversity of Washington, Seattle USA as Visiting Professor and The University of Birmingham, United Kingdom as a Visiting Scientist.
Foundation stone of Himachal Pradesh Technical University Campus laidShimla: Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal, Chief Minister said that the youth of the State would be imparted best technical education through modern curriculum in Himachal Pradesh Technical University. He was addressing a public meeting at Matahani in Hamirpur district today after performing the foundation stone laying ceremony of H.P. Technical University to be constructed at a cost of Rs. 4.5 crore at Daruhi.
Chief Minister said that construction work of 18 Ayurvedic Health Centres was in progress in Hamirpur district by spending Rs 7.43 crore. He said that efforts were afoot to provide government buildings to house all the ayurvedic institutions. Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal said that all the private and government technical institutions would have to be affiliated to the State Technical University and all the PG courses including MBA, MCA, M. Tech. would be taught in the State itself shortly so that students of the State could get higher education near their homes. He said that Atal Behari Vajpayee Engineering Institution had been set up at Pragatinagar in Shimla district where quality technical education was being imparted.
Chief Minister said that Hamirpur district was witnessing spectacular development and the district had emerged as role model in implementing small savings, 20 Point Programme, Watershed Development besides literary rate not only in the State but also at the national level. He said that reputed educational institutes like Technical University, Hotel Management Institute and other have been set up and added that during the previous tenure of the BJP Government, Watershed Management Programme worth Rs. 8 crore was implemented in the district which contributed towards tremendous increase in the ground water level in the district. He said that farmers of the district Hamirpur district were also growing off season vegetables and their economy has been strengthened.
Prof. Dhumal said that the State Government had provided 150 kanal land for setting up of Technical University where a modern University campus would be developed. He said that the State Government had made efforts to benefit every section of the society and each family. He said that the budget allocation under Scheduled Castes Sub Plan had been increased from Rs. 231 crore in 2007-08 to Rs. 860 crore in 2011-12 to increase the pace of development in SC concentrated areas.
Chief Minister said that State Government was encouraging setting up of private universities to provide higher education to the youth of the State nearer to their homes and added that 7000 students were studying in these universities and the maximum teaching faculty also belonged to Himachal Pradesh. He said that 1605 Himachali students were studying in JP University and added that maximum number of Himachali students were studying in other universities also. Chief Minister released the 'Guide' of the University and announced Rs. 10 lakh for the construction of Ayurvedic Health Centre at Khaggal.
Shri Narender Bragta, Technical Education Minister said that the University would contribute towards upgrading the technical skills of the youth and added that employment had been ensured for the students passing out of the ITIs of the State. Smt. Urmil Thakur, local MLA detailed out the activities of the assembly segment and hoped that the students of the State would be benefitted by the opening of the University. Dr. Shashi Dhiman, Vice Chancellor, H.P. Technical University welcomed the Chief Minister. Ms. Usha Birla, Pradhan Gram Panchayat Daruhi thanked the Chief Minister.
Shri Pyare Lal, Chairman, APMC, Ms. Sarla Sharma, Chairperson, Zila Parishad, Shri Deep Kumar, Chairman, Nagar Parishad, Hamirpur, Shri Desh Raj Sharma, President, District Hamirpur BJP, Shri Narender Atri, President, State BJP Yuva Morcha, Shri Rajender Singh, Deputy Commissioner and other senior officers were present on the occasion among others.
Summary: Himachal Pradesh Technical University HPTU, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh website, mobile, contact address and approval / recognition details.