Home > Bihar > Universities > Patna > Nalanda Open University (NOU)
Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna, Bihar
Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna, Bihar
Address: Plot / Street / Area
IIIrd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, West Gandhi Maidan
Patna (District Patna)
Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar is a University recognised by UGC. Status: Open University. Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar is also known as Nalanda Khulla Vishvavidayalaya. Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar was established on / in March, 1987.
Nalanda Open University (NOU) is situated in Patna of Bihar state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Patna comes under Patna Tehsil, Patna District.
Fax # of Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar is 0612 2201001.
email ID(s) is
Website of Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar is www.nalandaopenuniversity.
Vice Chancellor : Vijai Shankar Dubey, IAS, (Former Chief Secretary, Bihar & Jharkhand).
Registrar : Dr. Sidheshwar Prasad Sinha.
Contact Details of Nalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar are : Telephone: +91-612-2201013, 2206916
CoursesNalanda Open University (NOU), Patna Bihar runs course(s) in Computer Applications stream(s).
[A] POST GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES
1. Master of Computer Application (MCA)
2. M.A. (Economics)
3. M.A. (Geography)
4. M.Sc. (Geography)
5. M.A. (Hindi)
6. M.A. (History)
7. M.A. (Magahi)
8. M.A. (Political Science)
9. M.A. (Psychology)
10. M.A. (Sociology)
11. M.A. (Public Administration)
12. M.A. (Rural Development)
13. M.A. (Journalism & Mass Communication)
14. Master of Library & Information Science (One Year Course)
15. Master in Commerce (M.Com)
16. M.A. (Bhojpuri)
17. M.A. (Education)
18. M.A. (Urdu)
19. M.Sc. (Botany)
20. M.Sc. (Mathematics)
21. M.Sc. (Physics)
22. M.Sc. (Zoology)
[B] POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
23. Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
24. Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
25. Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
26. Post Graduate Diploma in Yogic Studies
[C] GRADUATE OR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
27. B.A. Honours (Economics)
28. B.A. Honours (Hindi)
29. B.A. Honours (History)
30. B.A. Honours (Pol. Science)
31. B.A. Honours (Psychology)
32. B.A. Honours (Sociology)
33. B.A. Honours (Social Work)
34. B.A. Honours (Geography)
35. B.A. Honours (Tourism)
36. B.A. Honours (Home Science)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (HONS.)
37. B.Sc. Honours (Botany)
38. B.Sc. Honours (Chemistry)
39. B.Sc. Honours (Geography)
40. B.Sc. Honours (Mathematics)
41. B.Sc. Honours (Physics)
42. B.Sc. Honours (Zoology)
43. B.Sc. Honours (Home Science)
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE
44. Bachelor of Commerce
OTHER BACHELOR COURSES
45. Bachelor of Library and Information Science (One Year Course)
46. Bachelor of Computer Application
47. Bachelor of Education
[D] INTERMEDIATE PROGRAMME
48. Intermediate of Arts
49. Intermediate of Commerce
50. Intermediate of Science
[E] CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME (Nine Months Course)
51. Certificate in Computing
52. Certificate in Library Science
53. Certificate in Clinical Dental Technique
54. Certificate in Dental and Oral Hygiene
55. Certification in ECG Technique
56. Certificate in Laboratory Technique
57. Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technique
58. Certificate in Physiotherapy and Yoga Therapy
59. Certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant
60. Certificate in Clinical Dental Technique
61. Certificate in Dental Mechanic
62. Certificate in Radiography & Imaging Technique
63. Certificate in Basic Medical Assistance and Nursing Care
64. Certificate in Optometry & Ophthalmic Assistance
[F] CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME (Six Months Course)
65. Certificate in Abolotion of Child Labour
66. Certificate in Bhojpuri Language
67. Certificate in Bio-fertilizer Production
68. Certificate in Buddhist Studies
69. Certificate in Child and Women Rights
70. Certificate in Child Psychology and Guidance
71. Certificate in Christian Studies
72. Certificate in Disaster Management
73. Certificate in Environment Studies
74. Certificate in Floriculture Technology
75. Certificate in Food and Nutrition
76. Certificate in Health and Environment
77. Certificate in Hindu Studies
78. Certificate in HIV and Family Education
79. Certificate in Indian Constitution and Panchayati Raj
80. Certificate in Insurance Services
81. Certificate in Islamic Studies
82. Certificate in Jain Studies
83. Certificate in Legal Awareness Among Women
84. Certificate in Magahi Language
85. Certificate in Maithili Language
86. Certificate in Medicinal and Aromatic Plant
87. Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care
88. Certificate in Pali Language
89. Certificate in Prakrit Language
90. Certificate in Sanskrit Language
91. Certificate in Sikh Studies
92. Certificate in Soil Health Management
93. Certificate in Urdu Language
[G] CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME (Four Weeks Course)
94. Certification in Home Usages of Computers
Profile of Nalanda Open University (NOU)The Nalanda Open University is the only University in the State of Bihar meant for imparting learning exclusively through the system of distance education. The University was established in March, 1987 by an ordinance, promulgated by the Government of Bihar. Later, Nalanda Open University Act, 1995 was passes by the Bihar Legislature, replacing the Ordinance, and the University came under the authority and jurisdiction of the new Act automatically. The University is named after the famous Nalanda University of Ancient India. At present, the University is functioning from its camp office at Biscomaun Bhawan, 2nd and 3rd Floors, Patna 800 001. The University has established at its camp office at Patna a well equipped and fully automated modern office in an area of approximately 30,000 sq. feet, which houses an examination centre for about 550 students, a state of the art Library with about 30,000 titles and a computer laboratory of about 40 IBM Pentium-4 computers, apart from administrative offices and other infra-structures. The University is recognised by the Distance Education Council (DEC), University Grants Commission, and Ministry of HRD, Government of India for imparting education through distance mode.
Aims & Objectives
To Provide educational opportunities to those who are unable to take up formal education and are still desirous to upgrade their educational qualifications and acquire knowledge in various fields of learning through the print medium (correspondence course), contact programmes, study centres and mass media.
To provide flexibility in matters of eligibility for enrolment for higher education, age of entry, choice of course, methods of learning, conduct of examination and operation of programmes.
To offer degree and diploma courses and to make provision for research for advancement and dissimination of knowledge.
To provide special facilities to groups like, elderly people, in-service personnel, housewives, people living in remote areas, socially disadvantaged people of the society and all others who wish to upgrade their skill and acquire higher academic qualification through distance education.
To lay emphasis on vocational, as well as, conventional courses, leading to award of degrees and certificates.
To create awareness for self-sufficiency and equip people with knowledge and higher qualification to enable them to become suitable for new job opportunities.
To provide course for rural, agricultural, industrial and commercial needs of people and design learning material for improving socio-economic condition of the masses.
To bring awareness in women, children and down-trodden of their social rights, duties and legal status in society.
Towards the Southeast of Patna, the Capital City of Bihar State in India, is a village called the Bada Gaon , in the vicinity of which, are the world famous ruins of Nalanda University. Founded in the 5th Century A.D., Nalanda is known as the ancient seat of learning. 2,000 Teachers and 10,000 Students from all over the Buddhist world lived and studied at Nalanda, the first Residential International University of the World. A walk in the ruins of the university, takes you to an era, that saw India leading in imparting knowledge, to the world - the era when India was a coveted place for studies. The University flourished during the 5th and 12th century.
Nalanda Open University is a State Open University duly established under the Act of Bihar Government and is also recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi since 1997 vide their letter Nos. :
DEC/Univ/State/2007/5583 dated 31.8.2007,
DEC/OU/Recog/2008/7829 dated 08.4.2008,
DEC/Recog/NOU/2008/17385 dated 18.12.2008
Nalanda Open University Degree /Diploma /Certificates are eligible for higher studies, public & private sector employment and service promotions.
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Nalanda Open University (NOU)
Bill to establish Nalanda University gets RS nod (News)