Home > Punjab > Nursing > Jalandhar > SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital
SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar, Punjab
SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar, Punjab
Jalandhar (District Jalandhar)
SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab is a recognised institute / college. SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab is also known as School of Nursing Shaheed Babu Labh Singh Civil Hospital.
Principal of SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab is Ms Gurbax Kaur 9872843795.
SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital is situated in Jalandhar of Punjab state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Jalandhar comes under Jalandhar Tehsil, Jalandhar District.
email ID(s) is
Website of SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab is www.gnsjal.com.
Contact Details of SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab are : 0181-2240049
SK Gupta, Civil Surgeon, Jalandhar 94173-46900
19 Dec 2008
Training of nurses hits roadblock
In the middle of the night when we attend to a wounded or sick kin of ours and are faced with a sudden emergency like post-surgery horror of a stitch opening up or a gash suddenly beginning to bleed or a million other complications of the kind, who do we turn to? Of course, the nurse. Bred on a continuous supply of textbook stories of the legendary Florence Nightingale, we feel the very soul come alive when we see her.
But today, nightingales of Punjab are unable to clean up the wounds of their patients. The government is shirking its responsibility to train general nurses and midwives in government nursing schools of Punjab. School of Nursing at Shaheed Babu Labh Singh Civil Hospital, Jalandhar, has also met with the same fate.
This school of nursing is the oldest in Punjab. Established in 1952, it provided training to in-service auxiliary nurses and midwives to upgrade their qualification up to general nursing and midwifery course. Seats were available for fresh students also who got direct admission to the GNM course. A stipend of Rs 110-130 was given to these fresh students, whereas regular salaries were paid to in-service candidates.
But admission to fresh candidates was stopped in 1982 and the regular salary of in-service candidates was discontinued early this decade. As per information, the last batch was admitted in 2003 which passed out in March 2006. From September 2003 up till now, not even a single candidate has taken admission in this school. The director of health services has not even given an advertisement about the admission since 2006.
The school, with 30 seats for in-service candidates, has a staff, which falls a bit short of the regulations of the Nursing Council of India. According to the council, the school needs one principal, one vice-principal, two public health nurses and one sister tutor for 10 students. Only one post of the public health nurse is vacant. The hostel of the school, recently renovated, has excellent facilities.
But these days, the hostel is used for the nurses getting training for 15-day orientation programme. Some rooms are also rented out to other employees on monthly payment. Senior officials of department, when contacted, were unable to comment on it.
When the number of private nursing colleges is constantly on the rise, what reason can the government cite to legitimise its policy of dragging its hand away from this responsibility?
GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE
Subject- Issues pending with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
1. Approval by Indian Nursing Council for Nursing School Jalandhar - The request of the State Government for approval by Indian Nursing Council is pending since
29th January 2010.
* The School of Nursing, Shaheed Babu Labh Singh, Civil Hospital Jalandhar was started in 1952 for imparting GNM training to fresh candidates. In 1981, it was converted to promotional training school from ANM to GNM.
* This institution is lying closed since March, 2006 when the last batch of GNM passed out. Needless to mention that this institute had Indian Nursing Council (INC) affiliation till 2006.
* The State Government with a view to utilize this excellent infrastructure decided to revive this institute w.e.f. academic year 2010-11 for imparting GNM training course with the intake of 50 fresh candidates. The department was granted Provisional Essentiality Certificate by the Department of Medical Education and Research vide Certificate No. 2/47/2010-2HB-III/688 dated 29/1/2010.
* The Department of Health, Government of Punjab submitted its application to the Indian Nursing Council within the stipulated time and the School of Nursing Jalandhar was granted code No. 2609001.
* The request of the State Government for inspection and grant of approval is pending with Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi since January 2010. The Honï¿½ble Health Minister, Government of Punjab has already requested the Honï¿½ble Union Health Minister vide DO dated 9/4/2010 and 3/6/2010 for expediting the approval.
* The deadline for admissions is fast approaching and most of the students have been or are being admitted in the private Nursing Schools. The proposed Nursing School at Jalandhar would be the sole GNM Nursing School in Government sector.
*Request for expediting the INC approval.
SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital is affiliated with Punjab Nurses Registration Council PNRC, Chandigarh (Punjab)
CoursesNumber of seats in SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab is 50.
SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital, Jalandhar Punjab runs course(s) in Nursing stream(s).
Approval details: SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital is affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), Faridkot (Punjab)
Images / newspaper cuttings related to SBLS Institute of Nursing Civil Hospital
Mali and Female Kitchen Helper etc (Job Vacancy)