Home > Andhra Pradesh > Universities > Tirupati (Tirupathi) > Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU)
Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi), Andhra Pradesh
Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi), Andhra Pradesh
Address:2nd Floor, Purandaradas Complex, Prakasam Road
Tirupati (Tirupathi) (District Chittoor)
Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPin Code : 517501
Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh is a University recognised by UGC. Status: State University. Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh is managed by Society: TTD.
Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU) is situated in Tirupati (Tirupathi) of Andhra Pradesh state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Fax # of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh is +91-877-2264877.
Mobile No(s) of concerned persons at Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh are +91-90006-88969.
email ID(s) is
Website of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh is www.svvedicuniversity.org.
Chancellor : 0877-2222587.
Vice Chancellor : Prof G Sudharshan Sharma, Telephone: +91-877-2222586, Fax: +91-877-2222587.
Registrar : Sri V Seshadri , IAS, I/c Registrar, Telephone: +91-877- 2264404, Fax: +91-877-2264407.
Contact Details of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh are : Telephone: +91-877-2264877, 2222586, +91-877-2264651
CoursesBA, MA, Diploma in Vastuviniyoga and Certificate Courses
Profile of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU)
Profile Of University
Words fail to praise His Excellency, Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the First Chancellor of S. V. Vedic University. But for his sincere efforts, that were positively responded by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh and Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, the Vedic University would nit have come into existence. The university has begun its endeavour to achieve academic excellence in teaching, research and publications. While strengthening the tradition of recitation in Vedas, Agamas and Paurohithya, the University wants to produce comprehensive Vedic Scholars, who understand the 'Mantras' they recite. With this intention, the Vedic University has started degree and PG courses in Veda Bhashya. The Vedic University is committed to spread the message of Vedas through the younger generations. For this purpose, The University is going to introduce an integrated course (B.A., + M.A.) in Vedic studies for the benefit of the students in general education system. This creative idea came from the great visionary, Sri B. Karunakar Reddy Garu, Honourable Chairman, TTD Trust Board, in the Executive Council Meeting held on 25.03.2008. My sincere thanks to him. The University wants to open up new branches of Adhyayana courses in Samaveda, ec. Through the programme 'Vedasandesa', the University is trying to speed up the vedic message among the common people. It is our aim that the Research and Publication department of this Universtiy should significantly contribute and bring aout such works that serve the need of the hour, while eternalizing the Vedic wisdom.
1. A Milestone in the Vedic Renaissance
2. Sri Venkateswara Vedic University Achievements and Vission
3. A Text book of English (for Sastri I year)
4. A Text book of English (for Sastri II year)
5. Paraskaracharya praneetham Grihyasutram
6. Raghuvamsamahakavyam with Sanjeevinivyakya (1-4 Sargas)
7. Sri Venkateswaraitihasamala (An authentic version of the History of Venkatachala)
8. Adhikaranakaumudi (A rare work synthesizing the Purvamimamsa Nyayas with Dharmasastra
WELCOME TO SVVU
It is an undeniable fact that that the ideals enshrined in the Vedas promote Universal peace, harmony and brotherhood. Today, the need of the hour is to protect the most efficient and pious literature of Vedas and to spread the message contained in it. His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor of Andhra Pradesh, envisaged that Vedic University would eminently suit to promote the Vedic knowledge in all its dimensions and desired the establishment of such a University. The Government of Andhra Pradesh reacted positively and Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, which is committed to Sanatana Hindu Dharmam, came forward to fully fund the University. Thus, Sri Venkateswara Vedic University came into existence on 12.07.2006 with the following
1. to preserve, foster and promote oral traditions of Vedic, Agamic and Cognate Literature, with focus on right intonations
2. to conduct research and propagate the relevance of knowledge system and the wisdom contained in the Vedic Literature for meeting the challenges of life in the technology driven contemporary society
3. to bring out the profoundness of the rational approach and the scientific temper, presented in the Vedas in the context of pursuit of knowledge and realization of higher levels of consciousness
4. to consolidate, revive and promote the Vedic learning and Sanskrit study so as to integrate the scientific thought contained in the Vedas particularly in the disciplines of mathematics, astronomy, agriculture, meteorology, chemistry, metallurgy, yoga, humanities, social sciences and management with the modern scientific and technological studies, so that through integration of Vedic and Scientific concepts advancement of scientific knowledge can be facilitated
5. to bring out awareness about the authentic interpretation of the Vedas in India and Abroad, facilitating proper understanding of richness of the rational approach to life and scientific temper presented in the Vedic knowledge system
6. to create a network of Vedic, Sanskrit and other academic Institutions with reciprocal arrangement and facilities for interaction with a view to fostering a synergy of efforts to propagate the Vedic Wisdom in the contemporary society
7. to publish all the Vedas and related texts, Bhashyas and commentaries in all Indian scripts
8. to create a body of literature in Modern Indian Languages on the contents of the Vedas
9. to translate the Vedas and Bhashyas in all Modern Indian Languages and publish
10. to build up Audio and Audio-visual records of Vedic chanting and various rituals
11. to prepare various kinds of tools, such charts, diagrams and pictures of various kinds of rituals as a measure of preservation and to digitize and computerize the Vedas and develop required software for various purposes
It is because of the sincere efforts of His Excellency, Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji the Vedic University was established. He, soon after assuming charge as the Governor of Andhra Pradesh in January, 2006, desired to know the status of the functioning of the Vedic University at Tirupati which was expected to be established according to the decision taken by the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams Board in 1992. T. Subba Rami ReddyHaving found that the said University was not established, His Excellency the then Governor of Andhra Pradesh interacted with various stake holders including Vedic Scholars, the Executive Officer, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and other experts on this subject. The Executive Officer, T.T.D took steps to set up a Vedic University with the Ministry of HRD, the Government of A.P and various experts. This matter was referred to the Board of TTD on 10.03.2006 and the Board under the Chairmanship of Shri T. Subbi Rami Reddy resolved "to pursue action on the earlier resolution of TIRUMALA TIRUPATI DEVASTHANAMS Board to establish the Vedic University at Tirupati" and to come up with necessary proposals.
The Executive Officer, TTD as a first step held a meeting on 15.04.2006 to discuss the modalities for establishment of the Vedic University. The meeting was duly attended by eminent Vedic scholars, including the Principal of S. V. Veda Pathasala. This meeting listed out the following essential provisions that have to be kept in mind while deciding on various options enlisted for the structure of the proposed University.
1. The University should be absolutely an integral part of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and all special provisions applicable for TTD shall become applicable to the Vedic University..
2. Provision for teachers who have been trained in their respective areas only through traditional education such as Ghanapathis.
3. As the posts of Vedapandits / Archakas are treated as unique posts in the TTD Establishment, the faculty of proposed University who are responsible in producing such Vedaparayanamdars etc. should also be treated as unique posts.
4. The proposed University will be dealing with subjects, which are purely traditional. As per tradition, there are certain restrictions on choice of studies. (For e.g. Training in Vaikhanasa and Pancharatra Agamas is restricted to only Vaikhanasa and Pancharatrins as per the tradition.) Provision must be made in the new University to uphold such traditional conventions.
During his visit to Tirumala on 19.04.2006, His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor of A.P. suggested to the Executive Officer, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams to associate the following experts for deliberations on the establishment of the Vedic University.
1. Prof. Vachaspati Upadhyaya, Vice-Chancellor, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, and Member Secretary, Ved Vidya Pratishtan, New Delhi and President, All India Vice-Chancellor's Conference.
2. Dr. V. R. Panchamukhi, Chancellor, Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati.
3. Prof. Rama Ranjan Mukherjee, Vedic Scholar & Ex-Chancellor and President of Sri Sri Sitaramdas Omkarnath Sanskrit Siksha Samsad, Kolkata.
4. Prof. Hare Krishna Satapathi, Vice-Chancellor, Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupathi.
5. Prof. V. N. Jha, Ex. Director, CASS, Pune University, Pune.
The Executive Officer, T.T.D constituted a High Powered Working Group on 19.04.2006 with the following scholars to work out and formulate the modalities to establish a Vedic University at Tirumala under the aegis of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams.
1. Prof. V. R. Panchamukhi, Chancellor, RSVP, Tirupati Chairman.
2. Prof. Vachaspati Upadhyaya, Vice-Chancellor, Lal Bahadur Sastry Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, New Delhi.
3. Prof. Ramaranjan Mukherji, Former Chancellor, R. S. Vidyapeetha, Tirupati.
4. Sri Kalanidhi Satyanarayana Murthy, Legal Advisor, A. P. State Election Commission, Secunderabad.
5. Prof. V. Kutumba Sastry, Vice-Chancellor, Rashtriya Sanskrit Samsthan, New Delhi.
6. Mr. M. G. Gopal, I.A.S., Secretary to Governor, Hyderabad.
After several meetings, the High Powered Working Group recommended the establishment of a Vedic University under a State Act to be sponsored and funded by Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams. A copy of the draft report and the draft Act have been sent to the Executive Officer, T.T.D.
Sri Pinnamaneni Venkateswara RaoThe Report of the High Powered Working Group was presented to Sri Pinnamaneni Venkateswara Rao, Hon'ble Minister for Higher Education on 21.05.2006 at 11.00 AM at the office of the A. P. State Council of Higher Education in the meeting fixed by the A. P. State Council of Higher Education and chaired by the Hon'ble Minister for Higher Education, Prof. K. C. Reddy, Chairman, A. P. State Council of Higher Education and Shri Asutosh Mishra, I.A.S., Principal Secretary, Higher Education interalia, were also present in the meeting in addition to Shri A.P.V.N. Sharma, I.A.S., the then Executive Officer, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams. A copy of the Report was also submitted to Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, His Excellency the then Governor of Andhra Pradesh on 21.05.2006 at 4.30 PM in Raj Bhavan in the presence of Shri A.P.V.N. Sharma, I.A.S., the then Executive Officer, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams.
Dr. K. C. Reddy, Chairman, Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education, Sri P. Venkateswara Rao, Minister for Higher Education and Sri Asutosh Mishra, I.A.S., Principal Secretary to Government, Higher Education Department called on His Excellency the Governor of Andhra Pradesh on 08.06.2006. The Principal Secretary, Higher Education appraised to His Excellency the Governor about the Chief Minister's direction regarding promulgation of an Ordinance for setting up of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University at Tirupati.
The State Government circulated the file duly approved by the Minister for Higher Education and the Chief Minister for promulgation of Ordinance to set up Sri Venkateswara Vedic University on 12th July, 2006,and His Excellency, Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor of Andhra Pradesh has promulgated the Ordinance on the forenoon of the same day.
Sri Balaramaiah, I.A.S.As the appointment of Vice-Chancellor of the University can be taken up by following due procedure prescribed and it will take time. Sri Balaramaiah, I.A.S., the then Joint Executive Officer, T.T.D., was appointed as the Officer on Special Duty in addition to his duties as Joint Eecutive Officer to carry out the activities relating to the proposed Sri Venkateswara Vedic University.
On 22nd July, 2006, His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor of Andhra Pradesh and the CHANCELLOR accompanied by the First Lady lighted the lamp to mark the inauguration of the courses at Sri Venkateswara Vedic University, at Dharmagiri. On this occasion, S. V. Veda Pathasala arranged a brief invocation function, in which Sri J. C. Diwakar Reddy, Honourable Minister for Panchayat Raj and Endowments, Members of the High Powered Committee, Sri A.P.V.N. Sharma, I.A.S., the then Executive Officer, T.T.D., Sri Balaramaiah, I.A.S., the then J.E.O., T.T.D., and O.S.D., S. V. Vedic University, Prof. Ramaranjan Mukherji, the students and teachers of the Pathasala and other invitees participated. This followed performance of Pooja and lighting of lamp by His Excellency, the Governor at the Administrative Block located temporarily at Purandara Das Complex, Tirupati. Two Sastra Pandits of S.V. Vedapatasala, Dharmagiri, Tirumala Sri K.V.N.Krishna Prasad and Sri M.Venkatacharyulu were deputed to S.V.V.U.to work as Asst. Registrars.
His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor of A.P. and the Chancellor in his discussions with OSD on 13.07.2006, made it clear that the Vedic University should have sufficient land on which its campus can be developed. Atleast, an extent of 300 acres is necessary to cater the present needs of the University. The OSD promised that a chunk of 300-00 acres would be made available to Vedic University by TTD. Accordingly, the TTD took necessary steps and in the first phase 147.65 acres of land was allotted near Alipiri, down the hill.
In all the activities conducive to the establishment of the Vedic University, Shri M. G. Gopal, I.A.S., Secretary to His Excellency, the Governor of A. P., took an active part. At every stage of inception, he played a key role and paved the way to bring in the shape of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University as envisaged by His Excellency. He continues to co-operate as and when required, in the matters of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University.
Honble Chief Minister Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy Garu performed Bhoomipuja on 19.08.2006 for the constructions of the University. His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor was the Chief Guest at the ceremony. Sarvasri J. C. Diwakar Reddy, Hon'ble Minister for Panchayat Raj & Endowments, P. Venkateswara Rao, Minister for Higher and Technical Education, Sri Raghuveera Reddy, Hon'ble Minister for Agriculture, M. Venkata Ramana, M.L.A., Tirupati graced the occasion
Superseding the Ordinance, a bill for the establishment of Vedic University was passed by the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and it received the assent of the Governor on 12.09.2006. The Act No.29 of 2006 was first published on 15.09.2006 in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette for general information.
Under partial fulfillment of the promise, to provide land to the Vedic University, the TTD, allotted 147.65 acres of land near Alipiri, Tirupati. The G.O.Ms.No.1892 Revenue (Endowments III) Department, dt.18.12.2006 was issued to this effect by Dr. I. V. Subba Rao, Secretary, Revenue (Endowments) Department, Govt. of A.P.
Subsequently, His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, enquired about the balance of land to be allotted to Vedic University, when Sri B. Karunakara Reddy the chairman and Sri K.V. Ramanachari, I.A.S., E.O. called him at Raj Bhavan. The TTD authorities took immediate steps and issued orders allotting 152.35 acres of land to Vedic University to make it a full extent of 300.00 acres through the proceedings in Roc. No. Prop 1/8577/AEO (Prop)/06, dt.11.06.2007.
vcThe Experts Committee constituted to finalize the appointment of first Vice-Chancellor of S.V.Vedic University met on 01.12.2006 at Tirupati and recommended the name of Prof. Sannidhanam Sudarsana Sarma for appointment as the First Vice-Chancellor of the University and the TTD Trust Board under the chairmanship of Sri B. Karunakara Reddy accepted it. His Excellency Shri Rameshwar Thakur Ji, the then Governor and Chancellor of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University, Tirupati approved it The Government has notified the appointment of Prof.Sannidhanam Sudarsana Sarma, First Vice-Chancellor of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University vide G.O.Ms.No.1932 Revenue (Endowments.III) Department, dt.28.12.2006.
Sri Venkateswara Vedic University has its head quarters located at Tirupati and it shall establish campuses at such other places as it may deem fit within the State of Andhra Pradesh in India. The University is a body corporate, having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said corporate name. The activities of the University cover teaching, research, publication and allied fields. It is a residential and affiliating University, which consists of a CHANCELLOR, a Vice-Chancellor, an Executive Council and an Academic Council.
The University is offering certain incentives and amenities to its students pursuing the Adhyayana Courses of Veda, Agama, Paurohitya, Vedabhashya on traditional lines.
In order to promote and propagate the fast disappearing disciplines of knowledge that stood as the main component of Indian Wisdom and Culture, the students under this category are given an incentive of Rs. one lakh at the time of admission into degree or doctorate levels. The amount deposited in a nationalized bank consisting of principle and accrued interest shall be handed over to the student on successful completion of the course.
These students are given free food and accommodation in the hostel run by the University. The hostel rooms are furnished and the food consists of breakfast along with milk, lunch, evening snacks along with milk and dinner.
They are also given free clothing. Besides, textbooks and notebooks are supplied to them free of cost.
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU)
Admission Notification 2010 2011 (Admission Notice)
BA in Vedic Studies (Admission Notice)
BA in Vedic Studies (Admission Notice)
BA and PG Programmes (Admission Notice)
BA, MA, BSc and PG Diploma etc (Admission Notice)
A Hub of Vedic Excellence (Profile)
Registrar (Job Vacancy)
Traditional courses (Admission Notice)
Vice Chancellor (Job Vacancy)
Vice Chancellor (Job Vacancy)
Vice Chancellor (Job Vacancy)
BA, MA and Certificate Course (Admission Notice)
ICET 2013 (Entrance Test)
Traditional Courses (Admission Notice)
BSc and MA Courses (Admission Notice)
Supply of Security guards (Tender)
Summary: Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU), Tirupati (Tirupathi) Andhra Pradesh website, mobile, contact address and approval / recognition details.