Largest database of Universities and Colleges in India situated in more than 9000 towns.
Home Contact Us
Pvt Institutes in Kerala
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady, Kerala
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady, Kerala
Address:Near Lakkidi Railway Station, Pamapadi
Pampady (District Thrissur (Trichur))
Kerala, IndiaPin Code : 680597
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala is a recognised institute / college. Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala was established on / in 2002.
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala is situated in Pampady of Kerala state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. email ID(s) is
Website of Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala is http://nehrucolleges.net.in/, http://ncerc.in/.
Additional Information about Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala is : Affiliated To Calicut University.
Contact Details of Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala are : Telephone: +91-4884-281670, 282070
Other colleges of Nehru Group of Institutions, Coimbatore
Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Science, Coimbatore
Nehru Arts and Science College, Thirumalayampalayam
JAWAHARLAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Kaliapuram
Nehru College of Management, Thirumalayampalayam
Nehru College of Pharmacy, Thiruvillwamala
Nehru Institute of Information Technology and Management, Thirumalayampalayam
Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
Nehru Institute of Management studies, Coimbatore
Jawaharlal College of Engineering and Technology, Ottapalam
PK Das Institute of Medical Science, Vaniyamkulam
Jawaharlal Aviation Institute, Palakkad (Palghat)
Nehru Academy of Managerial Excellence, Kuniamuthur
1. Mechanical Engineering
2. Electronics & Communication Engineering
3. Computer Science
4. Information Technology
5. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
6. Automobile Engineering
Number of seats in Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala is 360.
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala runs course(s) in Computer Science and Engineering stream(s).
Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre is affiliated with University of Calicut, Calicut (Kerala)
Media coverage of Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady Kerala, Kerala
About UsNehru College of Educational and Charitable Trust, established at an auspicious moment in the year 1968, with the primary objective of rendering selfless, dedicated and yeomen service to cause of higher education originally in the field of Aeronautical Engineering and subsequently in the field of rest of engineering branches, Management, Arts, Science, and Paramedical Sciences and has added feather after feather to its Cap. Its educational service to the poor underprivileged and downtrodden in the society is freely accessed and widely appreciated by the people, especially from Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Over the period of nearly four decades, it has established and patronized a number of prestigious Educational Institutions, all of which have grown to the stature of being accredited with ISO 9001:2000 certification by the International Certification Services. The Trust headquartered at Coimbatore has two years back spread its wings to the neighbouring Kerala State too by establishing Educational Institutions of high reputation. The Trust was registered at Coimbatore registry as a Public Charitable Trust with registration number 114 dtd.9th Feb 1994.
Constitution of the Trust
The Trust is headed by Mr. P.K. Das, F.I.E., F.I. Mech. E., M.S. Engg., A.F.R.Ae.S. (London), C.Engg., Managing Trustee & Founder Chairman, who is a well known educationist with rich experience in meticulously planning in establishing and marvelously administering educational institutions. He is a great industrialist with overwhelming spirit of entrepreneurship and excellent business acumen-who is a philanthropist with utmost care and concern for the fellow human beings, suppressed and suffering - who is in nutshell humane in all his approaches. The Trust comprises of Adv. Krishna Das.P, Dr.Thulasi.P and Mr.Krishna Kumar.P as members in the Trust.
Institutions under the Management of the Trust:-
1. Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore: - In the year 1968, the great visionary had the visualized the explosive increase in demand for qualified maintenance engineers well before others dreamt off, Mr. P.K. Das, F.I.E., F.I. Mech. E., M.S. Engg., A.F.R.Ae.S. (London), C.Engg., Founder Chairman, started the mother Institution, Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences way back in 1968. Since then the college has imparted well structured and systematic training to maintenance engineers. The institution is certified by ISO 9001:2000.
Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore has been functioning since 1968, offering the following prestigious courses in the field of Aviation.
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING (AME) - 3years
(Approved by Director General of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, New Delhi)
Different Streams: a) Mechanical - HA,JE,LA, PE
b) Mechanical - Helicopter
c) Avionics - IS/RN/ES
B.Sc. Aeronautical Science & B.Sc. Aviation Maintenance Science
(Affiliated to Alagappa University, Karaikudi) - 3 Years
2. Nehru College of Management, Coimbatore: - NCM is a Stand alone Business School offers 2year full time MBA programme and 3year full time MCA programme with an approval from AICTE, recognized by UGC, New Delhi and affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. Our Alumni with proven capabilities have gained high degree of competitive efficiency and all of them are well placed now in India and Abroad. This prestigious Institution of Nehru College of Management has been awarded with ISO 9001:2000 certification and 14th year of operation.
3. Nehru Arts and Science College, Coimbatore: - NA & SC is affiliated to Bharathiar University and recognised by UGC, New Delhi is catering to the needs of the aspirants by offering much-sought after courses in Arts and Science courses. This College has all modern facilities & imported and Indian equipments in various lab and other infrastructural facilities. As an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution & Accredited with 'B' Grade (CGPA2.75) by NAAC. It has contributed a lot for the cause of higher education in the above mentioned fields of specialization. The college offers M.Phil and Ph.D programmes in Bio-Technology.
The College offers the following courses:-
Master of International Business ( M. I.B.)
Master of Social Work ( M.S.W.)
M.Sc. Bio - Technology
M.Sc. Applied Electronics
M.Sc. Computer Science
M.Sc. Electronic Media
B.Sc. Electronics & Communication Systems
B.Sc. Catering Science & Hotel Management
B.Sc. Costume Design & Fashion
B.Sc. Bio - Technology
B.Sc. Visual Communication (Elect.Media)
B.Sc. Computer Science(B.Sc.C.S)
Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.)
B.Sc. Information Technology (B.Sc.IT)
Bachelor of Business Management (B.B.M.)
B.Com with CA
4. Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady, Thrissur: - The College is approved of AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to University of Calicut. The remarkable achievements of this institution is that this is the first among to engineering colleges in Kerala which has been awarded with ISO 9001 - 2000 certification in the very first year of its inception itself. NCERC now offers Six UG programmes in engineering and Two PG programme. The Courses offered in NCERC are Automobile Engineering (AE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Electronics & Electrical Engineering (EEE), Information Technology (IT) Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Application (MCA) and M.Tech in MACHINE DESIGN
5. Nehru College of Pharmacy, Pampady, Thrissur: - This is the best para - medical College with B.Pharm Course is gifted with the induction of eminent Professors, experts from pharmaceutical industry, and well qualified faculties. This college has been approved by AICTE and affiliated to the University of Calicut. The B. Pharm course is of 4years and M.Pharm course of 2years. A full fledged research wing to carry out intensive research on Biopharma will be set up in the near future.
6. Nehru Institute of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore:- NIE & T is an engineering college established under the trust and approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated by Anna University, Chennai offers Aeronautical Engineering (AE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electronics & Communication Engineering (E&C), Electronics & Electrical Engineering (EEE), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Application (MCA)
7. Nehru Institute of Information Technology and Management:- NIIT&M is one of the prestigious Institutions in Tamilnadu, offer 3 years Full-Time MCA programme and 2 year full time MBA programme approved by AICTE, affiliated to Anna University, Coimbatore. Its clear-cut vision and mission to shape and mould and to perfect the new generation IT Pofessionals and managers will find a worthy place in National scheme in higher education
8. Jawaharlal Institute of Technology , 'Jawahar Garden', Coimbatore- JIT is an engineering college established under the trust and approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated by Anna University, Coimbatore offers Aeronautical Engineering (AE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Civil Engineering (CE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (E&C).
9. Jawaharlal College of Engineering & Technology, Lakkadi, Palakkad, Kerala - The College is approved of AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to University of Calicut. The Courses offered in NCERC are Aeronautical Engineering (AE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electronics & Communication Engineering (E&C),
10. Nehru Institute of Management Studies , Coimbatore - NIMS is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to ANNA University, Coimbatore. The Institute offers TWO year full time MBA offers dual specialization in any two core areas which makes the students employable in the market.
Uniques features of NGI
Celebrating 41st year of educational service.
Trust is having 10 educational institutions across Kerala & Tamilnadu.
Oldest college in South India for Aeronautical engineering education.
The campus is equipped with TEN different Aircrafts such as C90 Beach Aircraft, Cessna 150 & 152, Europlane & Bell Helicopter.
The total strength of students has crossed more than 10,000 students in NGI campus
More than 1,00,000 (One lakhs volume of books) are available in the Libraries.
Intellectual capital strength crossed 782 as of 2008-09 academic year.
Hostel capacity for more than 2500 students inside the campus
College is providing fleet of buses to cater 6000 students as day scholars.
The trust refund entire tuition fees for those who have secured University ranks.
1000KVA Generator back up for the entire campus.
Sport complex for Volley ball, Football, Tennis & basket ball.
Wi-fi campus with 8Mbps internet facility.
1600 terminals of computers with all latest legal softwares.
Departments are developed as production centres for industries.
Exclusive website for Training & Placement www.nehruplacements.com
Track record of 100% placement for most of the courses.
ProfileNehru College of Engineering and Research Centre is located on the northern slopes of Thiruvilwamala, which merges with the banks of the holy river Nila. This undulating terrain of 40 acres with lush green vegetation is continuously swept and hugged by the gentle northern breeze that brings the purity, serenity and sweetness of river Nila. This picturesque location shall linger nostalgically in the minds of any body visiting this beautiful area. Endowed with an enchanting and breath taking topography, lush green natural vegetation, virgin land, pollution free atmosphere, equitable temperature, plentiful of nectar like fresh water and salubrious climate, this is a sought after place for healthy life, clear thinking and pleasant learning pursuits.
The College has 6 buildings, including academic blocks, administrative building, 2 laboratory blocks, workshops, library and computer centres. There are 3 blocks in Women's Hostel, One Boys Hostel and 2 Guest House blocks outside the premises. About 20 acres out of 40 acres of the land in the campus are beautifully landscaped without disturbing the natural terrain. Various buildings in thecampus are named after great Indian Scientists and Philosophers.
To mould our youngsters into Millennium Leaders not only in Technological and Scientific fields but also to nurture and strengthen the innate goodness and humane nature in them, to equip them to face the future challenges in technological breakthroughs and information explosions and deliver the bounties of frontier knowledge for the benefit of humankind in general and the down-trodden and underprivileged in particular as envisaged by our great Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
To build a strong Centre of Excellence in Learning and Research in Engineering and Frontier Technology, to facilitate students to learn and imbibe discipline, culture and spirituality, besides encouraging them to assimilate the latest technological know how and to render a helping hand to the under privileged, thereby acquiring happiness and imparting the same to others without any reservation whatsoever and to facilitate the College to emerge into a magnificent and mighty launching pad to turn out technological giants, dedicated research scientists and intellectual leaders of the society who could prepare the country for a quantum jump in all fields of Science and Technology
* To become a Centre of Excellence in Information and Communication Technology.
* To have collaboration with Technological Universities in the world.
* To be a centre for training people in advanced technologies in Mechanical, Automobile,Electrical, Electronics,Computer Engineering and Management.
* To develop infrastructural facilities on most modern lines.
* To equip the young generation with high calibre engineers and innovative thinkers.
* To provide facilities for teachers for advanced training in pedagogy and industrial knowledge.
* To expose students to real world situations besides classroom/ laboratory teaching.
* To develop Industry-Institute Interaction, thereby developing innovations and providing consultancies.
* To have closer interaction with several Professional Bodies and expose our students to the latest development in Technology.
Aryabhatta is the new academic Block and is a 5 storied top class building with lift and with a built up area of 1.25 lakhs sq ft. This building is the Main Block housing 7 UG departments, 4 PG Department and individual rooms for Faculty Members, 5 Computer Science Laboratories, and one Internet Laboratoriy. The Chairman's Chamber, Director's Chamber, Academic Office, Seminar Hall, Principal's emergency room, Vice-Principal's Room, Conference Room are other facilities provided in this block. This block is named after Aryabhatta, the master astronomer and mathematirican born in 476 A.D in Kusumpur (Bihar). The author of 'Aryabhatiyam'. Aryabhatta was the first to proclaim that the earth is round, it rotates on its axis, orbits the sun and is suspended in space, 1000 years before Copernicus published his heliocentric theory. Above all, his most spectacular contribution was the concept of zero without which modern computer technology would have been non-existent
The old main building with a built up area of 1.00 lakh sq ft is named after Bhaskaracharya. This building houses, Board Room, Principals Chamber, First year class rooms, Electronics Laboratories, Computer Science Laboratories and Drawing Halls. A genius in Algebra, Bhaskaracharya was born in the village of vijjadit (Jalgaon) in Maharastra. Bhaskaracharya's work in algebra, arithmetics and geometry catapulted him to fame and immortality. His renowned mathematical works are 'Lilavati', 'Bijaganita', 'Siddant Shiromani' and 'Surya Siddhant'. Bhaskaracharya was the first to discover gravity, 500 years before Sir Issac Newton.
This Block is named after Brahmagupta and has 30,000 sq ft floor area. This block houses the Automobile Laboratories and garage, Main Library and the Auditorium to accommodate 1000 persons. Brahmagupta was born in 598 A.D in Bhinmal city in the state of Rajasthan. He was the head of the astronomical observatory at Ujjain, and during his tenure, there he wrote four texts on mathematics and astronomy. The Brahmasphuta siddhanta is his famous work.
The main workshop building has an area of 30,000 sq ft and is named as Varahamihira, an eminent astrologer and astronomer. This block houses 10 Laboratories and Workshops in Mechanical Engineering Department, 6 Laboratories of Automobile Engineering Departments and 4 Laboratories of Electrical Engineering Department. Varahamihira was honored with a special decoration and status as one of the nine gems in the court of Kind Vikramaditya in Avanti (Ujjain). Varahamihira's books 'Panchsiddhant''Brihad Samhita' and 'Brihad Jatak' hold a prominent place in the realm of astronomy. He has revealed his discoveries in the domains of geography, constellation, science, botany and animal sciences
The MBA & MCA block is named after! Kapila and has a floor area of 50,000 sq ft I This block houses MBA, MCAl Departments, MBA Director's Chamber, I Board Room, Class Rooms, Seminar^ Halls, Laboratories, Yoga Room and " Computer Laboratories. Father of Cosmology and celebrated as the founder of Sankhya Philosophy, Acharaya Kapila is believed to have been born in 3000 B.C. Because of his extrasensory observations and revelations on the secrets of creation, he is recognized and saluted as a Father of Cosmology
The canteen is named after the mythological King Nala, whose culinary expertise has been a renowned one. The built up area is 18,000 sq ft and is a 3 storied building with most modern cooking facilities. Several types of seating arrangements are available here and can accommodate 700 students at a time.
The most modern and state-of-the-art furniture are provided in all classrooms, library, laboratories, workshops and computer centres. The pleasing atmosphere prevailing within the buildings shall be the neighbour's envy and our pride. The active involvement of eminent professors, academicians, and luminaries from industries has facilitated in a great way for the establishment of this Hi-Tech engineering college. The discipline, academics and pedagogy here are tuned on the best lines. So far as human resources are concerned, this college is endowed with the fortune of having a few internationally renowned academicians on its rolls, besides the required number of youthful and i devoted young faculty of proven i ability and excellent track record. The I Director Academic & Advisor, of this college is Dr. K Raghavan Nambiar, an internationally renowned academician and environmental i engineer, and a distinguished I Ph.D holder from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and Dr. P.N. Ramachandran is the Principal of this college. He has to his credit an excellent track record in the fields of industry, training and teaching. Prof. Suresh Babu C. Bahuleyan, Vice Principal & HOD Automobile Engineering, an M. Tech of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, is an academician of great repute. Prof. Dr. P.R. Chandrasekhar is the professor & HOD of Mechanical Engineering. He is a Ph.D holder from IIT, Kharagpur and was Professor in Kerala Agricultural University. Prof. Vijayan is the Advisor of Automobile Engineering Department. He is a retired Faculty from MIT, Chennai, a constituent College of Anna University. Prof. A.K. Saha, Dean Corporate Relations is a retired Scientist of ISRO & Head of placement wing, Prof. K.P.T. Nair, Prof. H. Neelakantan and Prof. V.G. Nair Professors in the Applied Sciences department are veterans in theirrespective fields. At Assistant Professor and Lecturer level, we have about 100 Faculty Members. The students, who have chosen this college, are amongst the best in the state. The performance in academics has been excellent. The presence of resource persons in the Technical Advisory Panel serves as a fountain of inspiration, information, advice, and encouragement to us. Most of them are renowned academicians, eminent professors and industrialists with international repute. We feel proud of them and we are really fortunate to have them in our Advisory Board.
Chairmans MessageEducation means a range of experience from formal learning to building of understanding and knowledge through day-to-day experiences. The philosophy of education has been linked to theories of developmental psychology and human development. Educational methods have undergone great changes modern educational depends on computers mobile phones and other electronic gadgets. Technology has been used not only in administrative duties in education but also in the instruction and assessment of students. In recent years there has been a groundswell of interest in the use of computers and internet facilities in making educational technology a fast and effective one.
In Nehru College of Engineering & Research Centre, Pampady, Thiruvilwamala, Thrissur District, we have introduced six B.Tech Courses in Engineering & Technology, MBA and MCA course. Now we are expecting addition of two more branches at undergraduate level. The extent of academic area of the college at present is about 5.2 lakh sq. ft. The plinth area of two hostels is 77,000 sq. ft. We have presently 6 blocks including canteen block. The infrastructure facilities are established on modern lines. I am sure that the students and faculty members shall be inspired by the excellent ambience and exquisitely tinkered ambience.
I understand that this college is amongst the top three engineering colleges in our state, thanks to the untiring efforts rendered by the Students, Staff, Faculty, Principal and Director Academic & Advisor. The mix of seniors with vast and varied experiences in their respective fields and young and energetic youngsters gives a wonderful combination of talents that is unique to this college. It is student friendly and progressive. The methodology adopted in pedagogy, student assessment, student and faculty feedback and remedial measures constitute the strength of our Institution. Campus placement carried out by carrier guidance and placement unit (CGPU) is praise worthy. Quality management is very much present here. We concentrate not only in guiding students to achieve academic excellence but also in inculcating human values in them and bring about strength, quality and serenity in their mind and spirits. As Chairman of a group of colleges, I happily welcome you to this college of excellence. May your stay here be one filled with joy, health and success. I expect that you shall bring this college as numero uno in the state of Kerala. May God bless you all.
Shri. P K. Das
F.I.E., F.I. Mech.E., A.F.FAeS. (Lond), M.Ae.S.I., M.S.Eng., C.Eng. Chairman
About the DirectorAs has been emphasized by such experts of education as Friedrich Froebel, John Dewey and Abraham Maslov, the aim of education is to develop innate abilities and expand horizons of knowledge of human beings. It is also conceived by scholars that schooling is 80% psychological and 20% physical effort. The goal of education is fourfold: the social purpose, intellectual purpose, economic purpose and political/civil purpose. Teacher plays a pivotal role in education. The effectiveness of teacher depends on the interaction with students and the knowledge and personality of the teacher. The best teachers are able to translate information, good judgments, experience and wisdom into a significant knowledge of a subject that is understood and retained by a student. The passing of knowledge from generation to generation allows the students to grow into useful members of society.
In Nehru College of Engineering & Research Centre (NCERC) under the esteemed guidance and command of our beloved Chairman Shri. PK. Das, we strive to impart real and fruitful education in engineering envisaged by the great men in the field of education. The series tests, assignments tests and fortnightly Assignments constitute a drilling process in which even an average student becomes intelligent. The graduate engineers from NCERC are proving to be responsible and successful engineers endowed with knowledge, skill, expertise and culture. We are proud to proclaim the fact that all the new entrants to this Temple of learning can rest assured of the excellent quality of education and depth of knowledge they can achieve from here. Endowed with vast and state-of-the-art physical infrastructure facilities and highly competent Peers, Prodessors and Lecturers, we are confident that this college stands as a Hall Mark of Quality in the field of engineering and technology. It is understood from a recent survey thwithin 2 top ranks among the engineering colleges in Kerala. I on behalf of the Chairman, Secretary, Management, College and on my own behalf; welcome young students to this prestigious institution, where they shall be richly and abundantly rewarded with high quality education and culture. May your innings here be one filled in pleasure, peace and prosperity. I have immense pleasure to welcome every one here once again.
Dr. K Raghavan Nambiar
B.E. [Hons], M.Sc. [Engg], Ph.D[llT, Kanpur] MISTE, FIAPCB, FIPHE, MIAEM, MIWWA Director Academic & Advisor
Some other Colleges in Kerala
Don Bosco College, Kannur (Cannanore)
Angadikadavu PO, Iritty
Kannur (Cannanore) (District Kannur (Cannanore))
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Faculty of Architecture, Kochi (Cochin Ernakulam)
Sreesankarapuram, Kalady Post
Kochi (Cochin Ernakulam) (District Ernakulam)
MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OF TEACHER EDUCAION, Thodupuzha
Thodupuzha (District Idukki)
Orphans Educational Trust Arabic College, Edayur
Edayur (District Malappuram)
Indira Gandhi College of Arts and Science, Kothamangalam
Kothamangalam (District Kochi (Cochin / Ernakulam))
Write to us giving good and bad things about your college, we will publish it on this site. email us at punjabcolleges @ gmail.com (without spaces)