Home > Assam > Degree > Katlicherra > SK Roy College
SK Roy College, Katlicherra, Assam
SK Roy College, Katlicherra, Assam
SK Roy College, Katlicherra Assam is a recognised institute / college.
SK Roy College, Katlicherra Assam is situated in Katlicherra of Assam state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com.
Media coverage of SK Roy College, Katlicherra Assam, Assam
NCTE appeal order for SK Roy College KatlicherraF.No.89 - 801-2009 - Appeal
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TEACHER EDUCATION
Hans Bhawan, Wing II, 1, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110002
O R D E R
WHEREAS The appeal of S.K. Roy Memorial Institute of Education, Hailakandi, Assam dated 04-08-2009 is against the Order No. ERC-7.98.6(1).7-2009-880 dated 28-07-2009 of the Eastern Regional Committee, refusing recognition for conducting B.Ed course on the grounds
1) The institution has not appointed requisite number of teaching staff qualified as per NCTE norms. Principal is not Qualified as per norms.
2) Land and Building not as per norms. The institution submitted letter of the joint secretary to the Govt. Assam regarding allotment of land for three years. Legally valid land documents (English version of sale deed-Gift deed-Patta-Registered lease deed) in favour of the institution not submitted as per the NCTE norms”.
AND WHEREAS the Correspondent, S.K. Roy Memorial Institute of Education (hereinafter referred to as the appellant), preferred an appeal dated 04-08-2009 to the National Council for Teacher Education, New Delhi (hereinafter referred to as the Council) under Section 18 of the NCTE Act, 1993 against the said Order.
AND WHEREAS Shri. Debojit Dey, Secretary and Dr. K.R. Paul, Member, S.K. Roy Memorial Institute of Education, Hailakandi, Assam presented the case of the appellant institution on 15-09-09. In the appeal and during personal presentation it was submitted that the institution had appointed 8 teachers to run the course as against the requirement of seven teachers required as per the NCTE norms and that the principal appointed was qualified. It was also submitted was that institution had submitted required land documents issued by the State Govt. of Assam to the ERC.
AND WHEREAS the Council noted that institution was issued letter of intent prior to recognition on 05.06.09 which was issued after satisfying that the institution fulfilled the requirement regarding infrastructural facilities etc. and therefore the ground of rejection cited at s. no. 2 namely land and building was not as per norms was not in order. Regarding appointment of qualified staff the Council noted that the principal appointed was not qualified as per the NCTE norms. However the representative of the institution informed the Council that the institution was prepared to appoint another incumbent of the post of principal as per the NCTE norms immediately. In view of the position explained by the institution the Council was of the view that the appeal should be accepted and the case should be remanded back to the ERC for granting extension of time to the institution to make appointment of qualified principal as per the NCTE norms and thereafter taking appropriate decision.
AND WHEREAS After perusal of documents, memorandum of appeal, affidavit, VT Report and after hearing oral arguments advanced during the hearing, the Council reached the conclusion that there was adequate ground to accept the appeal, set aside ERC’s order dated 28-07-09 and remand back the case to ERC for allowing another opportunity to the institution to make appointment of qualified staff and thereafter passing appropriate order. Accordingly, the case was remanded back to ERC.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council hereby remands back the case of S.K. Roy Memorial Institute of Education, Hailakandi, Assam to the ERC, NCTE, for necessary action as indicated above.
1. The Secretary, S.K. Roy Memorial Institute of Education, PO - katlicherra, District, Hailakandi - 788161, Assam
2. The Secretary, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
3. Regional Director, Eastern Regional Committee, 15, Neelkanth Nagar, Nayapalli, Bhubaneshwar - 751 012.
4. PS to Chairperson
5. The Secretary, Education (looking after Teacher Education) Government of Assam, Dispur.
Summary: SK Roy College, Katlicherra Assam website, mobile, contact address and approval / recognition details.