Home > Karnataka > Universities > Bijapur > Karnataka State Women University
Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur, Karnataka
Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur, Karnataka
Address: Plot / Street / Area
Station Road, Near Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Circle
Karnataka, IndiaPin Code : 586101
Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur Karnataka is a University recognised by UGC. Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur Karnataka was established on / in 2003.
Karnataka State Women University is situated in Bijapur of Karnataka state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Fax # of Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur Karnataka is 08352-240024, 221784.
Mobile No(s) of concerned persons at Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur Karnataka are 99800-97300, 99800-97400.
email ID(s) is
Website of Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur Karnataka is www.womenuniversity.kar.nic/in, www.kswubij.ac.in.
Vice Chancellor : Prof. Geetha Bali, Tel: 08352 240023/240026(O).
Registrar : Sri. G.V. Sugur, Tel: 08352 08352-240025(O).
Contact Details of Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur Karnataka are : Tel : 91-08352-240023, 240025, 240026,240027, 240028, 258103
Two campuses of KSWU Bijapur are located in the city and Torvi.
CoursesDepartment of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Education, Bijapur runs B.Ed. course.
* Certificate Course in Administrative Kannada (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in English Proficiency (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in Business English (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in Panchayat Raj Institutions (Economics) (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in Women and Journalism (Women's Studies) (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in Project Planning and Implementation (Sociology) (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in Guidance and Counseling (Education) (1 Semester)
* Certificate Course in Library Science (Lib & Information Science) (1 Semester)
Post Graduate Diploma Coursesoffered by Karnataka State Women University
* Post Graduate Diploma in Translation (Kannada) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Translation (English) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Empowerment of Women (Women Studies) (2 Semester)
Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (Sociology) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management (Economics) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education (Education) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (Social Work) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (Computer Science) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in 3D Animation (Computer Science) (2 Semester)
* Post Graduate Diploma in Web Technology (Computer Science) (2 Semester)
Post Graduate Degree Courses offered by Karnataka State Women University
* Master of Education (M.Ed.)
* Master of Arts (M.A.) - Sociology
* Master of Arts (M.A.) - Economics
* Master of Arts (M.A.) - Kannada
* Master of Arts (M.A.) - English
* Master of Arts (M.A.) - Journalism & Mass Communication
* Master of Arts (M.A.) - Women Studies
* Master of Library Science (M.Lib.Sc.)
* Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
* Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
* Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Pharmaceutical Chemistry
* Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Bio-informatics
* Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Electronics
* Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Computer Science
*Department of Kannada
* Department of English
* Department of Economics
* Department of Sociology
* Department of Women Studies
* University College of Education
* Department of Computer Science
* Department of Library Science
* Social Work
* Women Studies
* Journalism and Mass Communication
Science and Technology
* Computer Science
* Pharmaceutical Chemistry
* Library and Information Science
School of Education
* Business Management
Profile of Karnataka State Women UniversityIntroduction
The Karnataka State Women's University, Bijapur, established in August 2003 is the only university in the state of Karnataka, India., which is devoted exclusively for women's education. The university is dedicated to promote excellence through academic achievement, research, creativity, innovation, interaction and collaboration, personality development and leadership qualities. The main focus is on empowerment of women through education, especially higher education and training. The university is situated in Bijapur district and all women's colleges in 12 northern districts of Karnataka many of which are amongst the poor and backward districts of Karnataka, are affiliated to it. The location of the university in Bijapur is aimed towards alleviating regional disparities in the state of Karnataka.
Profile of University
The University at its website has announced results for Bachelor of Education (B.ED.) for year 2008.
Alternatively, you can get your results through your mobile phone. SMS type RESULT KSWUBED & send to 5676750.
example: RESULT KSWUBED 00CDE567 send to 5676750. Other Courses Results of Karnataka State Womens' University, Bijapur will be announced on the internet with prior intimation in print media.
Bijapur: Karnataka State Women's University (KSWU) will hold its first annual convocation on September 30 at Kandagal Hanumantrai Ranghmandir here. KSWU Vice-Chancellor Geeta Bali told presspersons here on Friday that 872 students will receive their degree certificates during the convocation. As many as 552 students will be present at the convocation.
In recognition of their outstanding performance, 25 students of different departments will be given 28 gold medals. The university will award honorary doctorates to the former Minister for Tourism and Civil Aviation Sarojini Mahishi, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, and University Grants Commission Chairman Sukhadeo Thorat.
The KSWU will award honorary doctorate degree posthumously to Gangubai Hangal, she added. The former Minister for Tourism and Civil Aviation Sarojini Mahishi will deliver the convocation address, Higher Education Minister and Pro-chancellor of the University Aravind Limbavali will be the chief guest, and Governor H.R. Bharadwaj will preside over the convocation, she added. After functioning at rented premises for four years since its inception, the university is now shifted to its own campus at Torvi, 10 km from Bijapur city. The university has acquired 286 acres of land at Torvi village with the assistance from MECON, a Government of India enterprise, which has prepared a master plan to develop the campus, she added.
Presently, 57 women's colleges situated in north Karnataka are affiliated to the university in which 15,000 students are studying, she added.
Vission And Mission
Vision: Empowerment of women through education.
* To provide quality education and impart professional and vocational skills to enable women to be self reliant and meet the challenges of changing socio-economic needs.
* To promote personality development and leadership qualities with a balanced outlook towards society.
* To help women enrich their knowledge and reap the benefits of knowledge power.
* To ensure holistic education treasuring cultural heritage, core values of personal integrity, professional skills, awareness about the socio-economic, scientific and cultural developments at all levels in order to enable women lead personally and professionally fulfilling lives
* To equip women with necessary qualities to play an equal role in decision making in matters of importance to her, family and society
* To promote advanced research in science, social sciences, arts and humanities especially on topics of regional importance
* To contribute towards socio-economic transformation of women in need through formal and non-formal education and training, out reach programmes and facilitate strengthening of mass education and primary education programmes.
* Bridge gender gap
* Help women from rural and backward areas join main stream
* To enable and motivate women to play an effective and constructive role in the society at all levels.
Karnataka State Women's University aims to empower women through academic achievement, research, creativity, innovation, interaction, collaboration, personality development and leadership qualities. To fulfill this objective KSWU has established 6 post graduate departments, 47 affiliated colleges and a constituent B.Ed. college.
Apart from Science, Humanities, Education & Teaching courses, the university imparts education in professional courses like Journalism & Mass Communication, Library & Information Science and Business Administration. Courses on Women's Studies help students gain self-confidence and provide information, guidance and counseling to women to overcome gender disparities. These courses also assist those who are engaged in NGO management, child and women welfare and education field.
The University also offers a dual degree programme that enables the candidates to obtain PG diploma and certificates in vocational subjects simultaneously while they pursue any of the regular PG course.
KSWU has developed a unique curriculum wherein the students have the opportunity of getting additional training in subjects such as Gender and Law, Women and Health, Communicative English, Media Studies, NGO Management, Human Resources Management, Business Kannada, and Yoga Studies.
Karnataka State Women's University has three hostels with requisite infrastructure and adequate security. The hostels have their own mess, managed by experienced and resident lady wardens. The University has a library that maintains a diversified collection of books, periodicals, back volumes etc. Services such as OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloging), Internet and E-mail, Reprographic facility are also provided by the library. There is a health center catering to the medical needs of the students and faculty. Other general amenities include transport facility, computer centre, student welfare, sports and extra curricular activities.
Karnataka State Women's University also known as KSWU was established in August 2003. It is the first women's university in the state of Karnataka. The University aims to enhance the status of women by providing them higher education and training. It has been dedicated to the promotion of academic achievement and research activities since its inception.
Profile of Vice - Chancellor
Prof. Geetha Bali, Vice Chancellor, Karnataka State Women's University, Bijapur is a well known academician and a scientist of international repute. She graduated from Bangalore University securing first class and first rank in M.Sc. and obtained Ph.D. degree in 1975 working in the field of neurophysiology. Prior to her appointment as the Vice Chancellor, she was serving as the Professor, Department of Microbiology, Coordinator, Center for Clean Environment Technology and Coordinator, Bioinformatics facility at Bangalore University.
She had an outstanding research career implementing over 20 research projects funded by national and international agencies and guiding 15 students for Ph.D. Two of her Ph.D. students were awarded Jawaharlal Nehru award by the ICAR for outstanding doctoral work. She has traveled far and wide visiting many institutions in the USA., Germany, Hungary, Finland, France and other European countries and has worked in reputed institutions such as National Institute of Health, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, College Park, United States Department of Agriculture, Bethesad. She has published 5 books and over 150 papers in national and international journals. She was responsible for signing of MOU for academic interactions between Bangalore University where she worked earlier and 9 reputed universities in the USA with whom she implemented a number of research and other academic activities. She was responsible for establishing the Centre for Clean Environment Technology at Bangalore University in 1998 to implement and coordinate IND-US collaborative programmes. She has organized more than twenty national and international workshops, training programmes and conferences creating a forum for interaction and learning for scientists, teachers and students. She was responsible for establishing state of the art laboratories for teaching and research in electrophysiology, molecular biology, Nan-biotechnology and Bio-informatics.
After taking charge as the Head of the Department of Microbiology and Bio-technology, she was responsible for strengthening the department within 3 years elevating it to the status of one amongst the top 20 BT schools in India. Under her leadership, the department became the nodal center for a multinational project funded by the USDA., USA with Dr.Geetha Bali as the Asia coordinator. The department attracted several scientists from Germany, France, Korea and USA for interactions and for working as visiting scientists.
Dr.Bali has richly contributed for the cause of science in several ways. She is an active member of the Indian Science Congress Association, having served as the sectional president, Convener of the Bangalore Chapter and a member of the executive committee and council since 2000. She is the President of the Ethological society of India and has been serving several other scientific bodies in the country in various capacities. She has served as a member of several academic bodies, advisory committees of educational institutions in Karnataka and outside. She has played an active role in developing the curricula for teaching Biotechnology in several technical and conventional universities in the State.
She strongly believes in the importance of motivating young minds and has participated in INTEL sponsored and other programmes for school children and school teachers, conducted quiz programmes and has delivered several popular science lecturers in schools and colleges apart from invited and plenary lectures in conferences all over the world.
Prof. Bali is a fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India and has received several national and international awards and recognitions some of which are as follows;
* IFAS Scholar, University of Florida, USA
* Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, Germany
* Fellow of Salzburg Seminar, Austria
* Young scientists' career award of the UGC
* Millennium plaque of Honour by the Prime Minister of India.
As KSWUB is situated in two campuses, its library are divided and made in two places. Viz:- i) Torvi Campus Library ii) City Campus Library
i) Torvi Campus Library is situated on the first floor of the academic department building.
ii) The city campus library is housed on the first floor of elegant and imposing building of Bharat Ratna Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Auditorium. It is situated in the peace zone between two historical buildings viz, Baara Kamaan and Anti-Famine Building.
The library serves its Readers from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all the working days and 10:00AM to 5:30 PM on all the Sundays and general holidays.
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Karnataka State Women University
Womens Tech. Park Koushalya (Profile)