Home | Colleges | Contact Us|
|Home > Chhattisgarh > Universities > Raipur > Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya|
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Address:Krishak Nagar, Raipur
Raipur (District Raipur)
Chhattisgarh, IndiaPin Code : 492012
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh is a University recognised by UGC. Status: State University.
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh is situated in Raipur of Chhattisgarh state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Raipur comes under Raipur Tehsil, Raipur District.
Fax # of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh is +91-771-2442131, 2442302.
email ID(s) is
Website of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh is http://igau.edu.in/.
Vice Chancellor : Tel: 0771 2443419(O)2443008(R).
Registrar : Tel: 0771 2442537, 427594(O).
Contact Details of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh are : Telephone: +91-771-2443166, 2515, 2581, 2839,
Tel: 091-771-2424481, 2424666
Sanjeev Malaiya, P.A. to Vice Chancellor, Phone 104, 2443419
Dr. K.K. Sahu, Information & Public Relations Officer, Phone: 2443220 Mobile:98261-62940
Dr. Girish Ramole, Medical Officer, Phone: 2444053 (R) Mobile: 94252-02826
Dr. A.K. Tripathi, OSD, PIMA, Phone: 2422526 (R) Mobile: 98261-37381
Dr. H.K. Chandrakar, OSD Security, Phone: 2442613 (O)
Dr. Deepak Sharma, Liasion Officer, Phone: 4010573 (O), Mobile: 98266-47509
CoursesIndira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh runs course(s) in Agriculture, Biotechnology, Dairy Technology, Engineering, Forestry and Wild life, Research, Science, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry stream(s).
Under Graduate Programme : B.Sc(Ag) B.Tech(Dairy Technology) B.Tech(Agriculture Engineering) Bachelor in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandary Post Graduate Programme : M.Tech(Soil and Water Engineering, Ag.Processing and Food Engineering, Farm
Profile of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, (IGKV) was established on January 20, 1987 under the IGKV Adhiniyam (Act) 1987 of M.P. State and IGKV statues 1987. It is an autonomous, nonprofit, research and educational organization dedicated for the upliftment in farmer's livelihood of Chhattisgarh. Education, Research and Extension are the major activities coordinated through agriculture, veterinary, dairy and agricultural engineering faculties and Directorate of Instruction, Research and Extension. Grant in aid is received from ICAR and State Government to meet out the mandates of the University. Besides this, some international and other agencies are also giving grants to fulfill various mandates, need based objectives of the State agriculture and allied sectors.
Mandate of IGKV: Work for upliftment of socio-economic status of the farming community by:
* Undertaking basic, applied and adaptive research to evolve appropriate solutions and technologies
* Diversification of crops and farming systems
* Collaboration with the state, national and international research institutions
* Imparting knowledge and education to the people engaged in agriculture and its faculties allied fields
* Developing educational and research networks in agriculture and allied field for the state
Honble Vice Chancellor Dr. M.P. Pandey becomes member of O&MPC
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has nominated Dr. M.P. Pandey, Hon'ble Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, as member of O&M Programme Committee (O&MPC) under the National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP).
The O&MPC is a high level review and approval committee for all research programmes/sub-projects approved under National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP) in the country. The major focus of NAIP is to seriously implement the sub-projects to realize the expected output/outcome. The committee consists of 12 members of different faculties from across the country.
The NAIP has been planned to develop well-tested successful models to utilize experiences and consolidate the gains of the NATP and also to explore new innovations. Overall objective of the project is to facilitate the accelerated and sustainable transformation of Indian agriculture in support of poverty alleviation and income generation through collaborative development and application of agricultural innovations by the public organizations in partnership mode with farmers' groups, private sector and other stakeholders.
University is honored by recognizing Hon'ble Vice Chancellor, Dr. M.P. Pandey as one of the members of such high level committee. He is the only member from SAU's in the committee.
Profile of Vice Chancellor
Prof. M.P. Pandey born on 08 September 1946 joined as 7th Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalya (IGKV), Raipur, Chhattisgarh. He received his Higher Secondary education at Garwara, Pratapgarh (1956-61); Intermediate from Kanyakubja Vocational Degree College, Lucknow (1961-63); B.Sc. (Ag.) from Government Agricultural College, Kanpur (1963-67); and Ph.D. from GBPUA&T, Pantnagar (1971) in the discipline of Plant Breeding with the specialization in Crop Production and Statistics. His areas of specialization include Crop Breeding - especially hybrids (Rice and Grain Legumes), Genetics, Biotechnology and Seed Production.
He has been Former Director of Central Rice Research Institute (CRRI), Cuttack. He received many prestigious awards, namely, Dr R.H. Richharia Award (2004), Rai Bahadur Dr. Ram Dhan Singh Memorial Trust Award (2004-05), UP Government Rice Research Accomplishment Award (2004), GBPUA&T Most Outstanding Research Achievement Awards (1984, 1986, 1997 and 2004), FAO/ICAR/UNDP Award (1996), G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, for Outstanding Research Scientist and Team Leader Award 1984, 1986, 1997 and 2004, Shi Aurobindo Institute of Rural Development, AP, Award, Padma Vibhushan Dr. M.S. Swaminathan Agricultural Scientist Award (2009), Lucknow (UP) and Krishi Vigyan Jyoti Samman for Eminent Agricultural Scientist by a State Level Children and Youth Festival organized by Jyoti-the Flame on occasion of Mahanadi Festival 2007, Cuttack (Orissa), India.
He is an outstandingly accomplished plant breeder with twenty crop varieties to his credit out of which 13 varieties of rice and 7 varieties of grain legumes have been released for commercial cultivation under diverse agro-climatic regions of the country. Among them Pant Sankar Dhan-1 is the first public bred hybrid released in North India. It is an early duration (115 days) hybrid coupled with excellent grain and yield potential of 11.7 t/ha. Recently, his mid-early duration Pant Sankar Dhan-3 with high yielding potential of 10.7 t/ha has been released. The other released popular rice varieties are Pant Sugandh Dhan-15 and Pant Sugandh Dhan-17 having super fine long slender & aromatic type grain mainly for the traditional basmati areas in Uttaranchal (declared as Basmati export zone by the Govt. of India) to meet the demand of the basmati farmers. His Pant Dhan-16 variety is suitable for rainfed and irrigated conditions in Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana. The two super rice varieties due to him, viz., Pant Dhan 18 and Pant Dhan 19, have very wide adaptation in the irrigated lands of Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western states of India.
He did extensive research on genetic improvement, seed quality and on techniques for basic seed production of rice varieties. He also provided national consultancy to the Government of India as National Coordinator, Hybrid Rice Seed production in ICAR as FAO Consultant, and suggested 'Rolling plan for multiplication of rice hybrids' and 'Consortium for multiplication of foundation seed of public bred hybrids in India' for large scale adoption of hybrid rice technology in the country. He has been instrumental in the development of hybrid rice seed production technology and its further refinement to economize hybrid seed cost, which is vital to hybrid adoption by the farmers. He has been pioneer in developing a new genetic tool of thermo-sensitive genetic male sterility system having wide compatibility for efficient seed production of two-line hybrids involving indica/tropical japonica germplasm and registered lines UPRI 95-140TGMS and UPRI 95-167TGMS of NBPGR in the country.
He Published 252 research articles of various kinds including 83 full length research papers in journals of national and international repute and dozens of books/bulletins and book chapters. He has guided 32 (19 Ph. D. + 13 M. Sc.) students of Genetics and Plant Breeding discipline in the areas of Molecular genetics (6), Biotic stresses (5), Yield and quality etc. (8), Heterosis breeding (5), Genetics of male sterility (5) and Seed production (3).
He served the nation in various capacities like Managing Director, Nodai Seeds India Pvt. Ltd. Gurgaon (Oct.2008 - Feb. 2009); Director, Central Rice Research Institute, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Cuttack (Orissa) - 753 006 from July 14, 2006 to September 30, 2008. He was also National Coordinator (Hybrid Rice Seed Production) as FAO Consultant in ICAR during 2001-02. He received the FAO Fellowship in 1992; He has been Visiting Scientist in various institutions, namely, IRRI, Philippines during 1987-89; on IRRI/CABO Fellowship Wageningen, Netherlands in 1986; SRO, Rice Breeding, GBPUAT, Pantnagar, 1983-91; DAAD Post Doctoral Fellow, FRG 1977-78; JRO/SRO, Pulse Breeding, GBPUAT, Pantnagar, 1971-83; Visiting Scientist, PR China, 2002. He served in the country as Head (1998-2001 and 2004-2006) and as Professor/Principal Rice Breeder (1992-2006) in the Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, GBPUAT, Pantnagar, India.
Dr. Pandey has visited 14 countries, viz. Phillipines, Indonesia Malasia, Lao, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Nepal, Netherlands, FR Germany, UK, France, Belgium, Luxemburg and China, in relation to different research issues and participated in International Symposium/Conferences and delivered lectures.
In the British regime one Agricultural Research Station was established in 1903 known as 'Labhandi Farm' at Raipur . This Labhandi Farm had grown slowly and today it has become the campus of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur . In Between, Rice Research Station (RRS) was established in mid sixties. Later in 1974 Madhya Pradesh Rice Research Institute (MPRRI) was established under the able leadership of great rice scientist Dr. R.H. Richharia. Before the College of Agriculture was established in 1961 under the government of Madhya Pradesh and it was shifted to the present campus in 1964. After the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur in 1964 as a State Agricultural University (SAU) under the land-grant pattern of USA , the College of Agriculture became a constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya , Jabalpur , Madhya Pradesh.
In 1979 National Agricultural Research Project (NARP) came into existence with the financial support of World Bank.
Under the NARP, Raipur campus was elevated as Zonal Agricultural Research Station (ZARS) and the MPRRI was merged into this.
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur was established on 20 th January 1987 after bifurcating from Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur . From that time to 5date, the University has been expanded several fold.
The jurisdiction area of IGKV is the entire Chhattisgarh State situated in Eastern India consisting of 18 districts having 3 different Agro climatic Zones. The state is larger than Punjab , Haryana and Kerala states when put together. Rice is the main crop grown during the monsoon season (June-September).
In fact, the role and responsibility of IGKV is vital, because it has to cater the needs of socio-economically resource poor, relatively illiterate and tribal farmers with tradition bound agriculture.
MANDATE OF IGKV:
Teaching, Research and Extension
* Developing educational and research networks in agriculture and allied field for the state agriculture and allied sectors
* Undertaking basic, applied and adaptive research to evolve appropriate solutions and technologies.
* Diversification of crops and farming systems.
* Collaboration with the State, National and International research institutions.
* Imparting knowledge and education to the people engaged in agriculture and allied fields.
The College of Agriculture , Raipur was established in the year 1961 by the then Govt. of Madhya Pradesh. This was the initiation of higher education of agriculture in the state. Initially this college was affiliated to Sagar University of Madhya Pradesh. In 1964 it became one of the constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya , Jabalpur . Later,
Faculties in the University
Thus at present there are 4 faculties in the University. They are:
a) Faculty of Agriculture
b) Faculty of Dairy Technology
c) Faculty of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry
d) Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
a) Faculty of Agriculture:
The constituent Agriculture Colleges :
College of Agriculture , Raipur is offering PG programme. Eighteen departments are functioning under College of Agriculture , Raipur
1. Department of Agronomy
2. Department of Horticulture
3. Department of Soil Science
4. Department of Plant Breeding & Genetics
5. Department of Agricultural & Natural Resource Economics
6. Department of Entomology
7. Department of Plant Pathology
8. Department of Extension Education and Home Science
9. Department of Plant Physiology
10. Department of Forestry
11. Department of Biotechnology
12. Department of Statistics, Mathematics and Computer Sciences
13. Department of Fisheries
14. Department of Agricultural Meteorology
15. Department of Microbiology
16. Department of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
17. Department of Animal Science
18. Department of Land and Water Management
All the above departments, except Land and Water Management, department of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants and department Animal Science, offer PG programme leading to M.Sc.(Ag) degrees. The first eleven disciplines offer Ph.D. programme also.
The activity of the colleges is carried out through different departments and the departments are the pivots for the main functioning of the teaching, research and extension education in the university.
b) Faculty of Dairy Technology:
There is only one College of Dairy Technology in the University, situated at Raipur . This college was established on 14 th November, 1983 as a constituent unit of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur . The total seats available for B.Tech. (Dairy Tech.) is 36. It was initially started at MPRRI building of College of Agriculture , Raipur . The college was later on shifted to the present location, which is situated on the National Highway No.6, near Chhokra Nala, Krishak Nagar, Raipur . It is the only college of its kind in Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. The employment opportunities of the students passing out from the College of Dairy Technology are very good.
The College of Dairy Technology offers four year undergraduate programme leading to B. Tech. Degree in Dairy technology. The four year degree includes six month in plant training. Extensive training is imparted to the students of B.Tech. in the areas of Dairy Technology, Dairy Chemistry, Dairy Engineering, Dairy Microbiology, Dairy Husbandry, Dairy Economics,Stastics and Management. The college also offers PG programme leading to M.Tech. (DE/DT) and M.Sc. (Dairying) DM/DC.
c) Faculty of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry:
The College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry was established in the year 1985 at Anjora, Durg with the mandate to provide education, research and extension in the field of veterinary and animal sciences in Chhattisgarh region. The college has adopted the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) curriculum for B.V.Sc. and A.H. degree programme from the year 1995-1996.
The college runs 5-year UG programme (including internship) leading to B.V.Sc. and A.H. degree. The total seats for UG programme is 36. There are 17 departments as listed below, of which 10 departments offer PG programme.
1. Animal Genetics and Breeding
2. Animal Nutrition
3. Veterinary Pathology
4. Veterinary Biochemistry
5. Veterinary Physiology
6. Veterinary Microbiology
7. Veterinary Anatomy and Histology
8. Veterinary Parasitology
9. Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
10. Veterinary Public Health
11. Clinical Veterinary Medicine Ethics & Jurisprubence
12. Animal Reproduction Gynecology & Obstetrics
13. Livestock Production and Management
14. Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
15. Livestock Products Technology
16. Epidemiology & Preventive Veterinary Medicines
17. Animal Husbandry & Extension
d) Faculty of Agricultural Engineering:
The faculty of Agricultural Engineering was established on 19 th April, 1996 with four departments, namely:
a) Department of Farm Machinery and Power
b) Department of Soil and Water Engineering
c) Department of Agriculture Processing and Food Engineering
d) Department of Animal Energy in Agriculture
There are three Colleges of Agriculture Engineering offering four years degree programme of B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering), one of them is constituent and the other two are affiliated colleges, they are:
The two years PG programme leading to M.Tech. degree was started at College of Agriculture Engineering , Raipur in the academic year 1997-98 in three disciplines, they are:
1. Farm Machinery and power
2. Soil and water Engineering
3. Agriculture Processing and Food Engineering
Ph.D. programme has been started during 2009 in departments of 'Soil and Water Engineering' and 'Farm Machinery and Power'.
STUDENTS CULTURAL ACTIVITIES:
Chhattisgarh state is very rich as far as its cultural heritage is concerned and the students of the university depict the same in various cultural competitions at national levels i.e. in National and Zonal Youth Festivals organized by ICAR and AIU. Their performance brought laurels to the University through the gold, silver and bronze medals won by them in such competitions. These activities help them not only in their over all personality development but also bring discipline in them and they
become acquainted with the cultural heritage and traditions of other areas.
Some of the important achievements in the past years are as under:
SPORTS ACTIVITY :
In addition to regular courses, regular sports activities are being organized in the university. The Inter College Sports Competitions are regularly organized in different colleges and the selected students' team then participates in various Inter University Competitions.
NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC):
The NCC Started at College of Agriculture Raipur from September, 1993 and since then training is being imparted to cadets under the supervision of the NCC officer. Since then 239 students have obtained 'B' certificate and 106 students have obtained 'C' certificate. The main motto of NCC is 'Unity and Discipline'. The students through NCC are exposed to national level camps and participate in adventures activities. The NCC is having girl wing also.
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS):
The National Service Scheme, popularly known as NSS is in operation in the university since more than a decade. The primary objectives of the scheme are:
1. Personality development of the student through social activities.
2. Creating environmental awareness among the students.
3. Adoption of village and initiating developmental activities in the village.
4. Educating the villagers in general and women in particular about health and hygiene.
5. To create constructive leadership among the students.
The NSS unit of IGKV, Raipur was upgraded as Coordinating Cell for Chhattisgarh state. The mandate of the coordinating cell is to motivate students under NSS and to develop service oriented devotion in the students. The girl unit of NSS has also been started at College of Agriculture, Raipur from the year 2004
The University 'Nehru Library' it has more than 35,000 reference books, ST/SC book bank of approximately 1,000 books and about 10,000 back volumes of national and international research journals and periodicals and more than 6,000 reports and other publications. There are more than 1,000 P.G. and Ph.D. theses. The university subscribes about 250 research oriented journals including 60 foreign journals.
The library is equipped with latest communication media and information technologies like CD ROM data base references of various agencies and is well connected through internet via Local Area Network(LAN). ICAR has recognized Nehru Library as Regional Library of the Central India. The students and staff can access literature from all corners of the world through this library.
The University is having a well functioning Placement Cell at the university head quarter Raipur. The cell provides necessary advice and guidance to the students to prepare themselves for various competitive examinations and also conducts campus interviews, for placement of out going UG and PG students. So far, hundreds of students have been placed at different positions in various organizations through this cell.
Directorate of Research Services of the University coordinates all the research programmes and their execution through 'Research Council'. The research programmes are financially supported by various agencies viz. state government, ICAR through coordinated, adhoc, network, DST and DBT projects, World Bank through NATP, NAIP and International funding agencies like IRRI, Biodiversity International, IFAD, ICRISAT, Rockefeller foundation, Bill Gates foundation and national agencies like BARC etc.
Before creation of IGKV the agriculture research at Raipur campus was strengthened under National Agriculture Research Project (NARP) in December 1979 and the centre was designated as Zonal Agricultural Research Station (ZARS). Later, after IGKV formation two more research stations at Ambikapur and Jagadalpur were upgraded to Zonal Agricultural Research Stations. After the formation of Chhattisgarh state, these stations were further upgraded to College of Agriculture and Research Station (CARS). The Regional Research Station at Bilaspur was also upgraded to College of Agriculture and Research Station. The Sub-Research Station at Raigarh is functioning as Regional Agricultural Research Station. For further strengthening of the research, National Agricultural Technology Projects (NATP) was started by ICAR during 1999-2000. There are 39 ICAR's coordinated research projects, 38 adhoc research projects, 3 internationally collaborated research projects and other project funded by formation two more research stations at Ambikapur and Jagadalpur were upgraded to Zonal Agricultural Research Stations. After the formation of Chhattisgarh state, these stations were further upgraded to College of Agriculture and Research Station (CARS). The Regional Research Station at Bilaspur was also upgraded to College of Agriculture and Research Station. The Sub-Research Station at Raigarh is functioning as Regional Agricultural Research Station. For further strengthening of the research, National Agricultural Technology Projects (NATP) was started by ICAR during 1999-2000. There are 39 ICAR's coordinated research projects, 38 adhoc research projects, 3 internationally collaborated research projects and other project funded by DST, DBT CCOST, NOBOARD etc. very recently, two NAIP projects has launched at IGKV with a total outlay of Rs. 1,321.13 Lakhs :
(i). Improving rural livelihood security through sustainable integrated farming system model and allied Enterprises in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
(ii). A value chain on food products for small millets of Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
Other NAIP project i.e. 'Soil organic carbon vis-Ã -vis anticipatory climatic changes and crop adaptation strategies.' in which IGKV is involved as consortium partner.
The research mandates of the university are:
* To undertake basic, applied and adoptive research, to evolve appropriate solutions and technologies relevant to the area for the upliftment of socio-economic status of the people.
* To diversify crops and farming systems to make Agriculture a profitable enterprise in particular and to maintain environmental health in general.
* To collaborate with the State, National and International organizations for developing technologies for benefiting the people engaged in agriculture and its related enterprises in the state.
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur is having some unique features, such as:
* IGKV is the only SAU in India serving the largest percentage of Schedule Tribes.
* IGKV is well known for one of the largest rice and Lathyrus germplasm collections in the world.
* IGKV has National and International recognition for rice research especially in rainfed ecosystem
* Besides rice, IGKV has recognition of research work on Lathyrus and Linseed crops.
* Chhattisgarh has varied types of soils and climate and a very good crop cafeteria can be seen in the state. Field and Horticultural crops ranging from temperate to tropical climate are grown. Students get exposure to majority of cereals, oilseeds, pulses and horticultural crops.
The lead, verification and testing functions of each agro-climatic zone modified as per the current needs of the zone are given bellow:
Zone-I : Chhattisgarh Plains:
Lead Functions :
1) Land use planning and resource management
2) Crop Diversification
3) Crop Improvement
4) Cropping system research under rainfed and irrigated conditions
5) Water management under rainfed conditions / effective rainwater management including field crops, vegetables and fodder
6) Effective water management under irrigated conditions
7) Collection, evaluation and cataloging of germplasm of native crops
8) Introduction of horticultural and commercial crops, like spices, fruits, tuber crops and their management
9) Multiplication of beneficial insects, microbes, IPM, FDM and INM
10) Increasing cropping intensity
11) Development of suitable farming systems for small, marginal and large farm size
12) Agro-techniques for organic farming for soil health and economic benefit
13) Post-harvest, processing and preservations and value addition to agricultural produce / crop commodities
14) Agro-forestry system research
15) Capture and culture fisheries
16) Marker added selection in crop improvement
17) Development of agricultural implements for primary tillage
18) Animal nutrition, feed and fodder
19) Livestock improvement and animal breeding
20) Animal Medicine
1) Crops- Sugarcane, Rajamah, Rapeseed & Mustard, Maize, Onion, Potato, Cotton and Medicinal plants
2) All horticultural crops including floriculture
4) Secondary tillage implements as well as harvesting and post harvesting implements
5) Poultry, semen bank, fodder seed and fodder development
6) Agri-business development- Bee keeping, sericulture, mushroom seed production lac-culture and vermi compositing & cultivating.
Testing / Service Function:
1) Value addition to all crops
2) Lentil, sesame
3) Transfer of technology
4) Farmers advisory service
5) Soil testing
6) Production of BGA, Rhizobia and other micro-organisms
7) Quality seed production
8) Under utilized crop improvement
9) Mixed farming
10) Animal clinics
Zone-II : Bastar Plateau
1) Mixed farming including field crops, vegetables, poultry, cattle, pig, fish etc.
2) Rain water management
3) Crop improvement: crops- Rice, Small millets, Niger, Rapeseed & mustard, Castor, Black gram, Horse gram, Horticultural crops and Cashew
5) Management of acid soils
6) Management of uplands and crop substitution
7) Tuber crops
9) Plantation crops
10) Dry land agriculture including horticulture
1. Oilseed and pulses, cotton, soybean
2. Plantation crops - pineapple, mango, coconut, sulfi (Caryota urence) and tamrind
3. Medicinal and spices crops, coffee, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, lemon grass, safed musli (Chlorophytum borivllianum)
Testing Service Functions:
1. Seed Production
3. Transfer of Technology
4. Farmers Advisory Service
Zone-III : Northern Hill Zone
1. Soil and water conservation and its management in hilly areas
2. Crop Improvement
3. Crops- rice, maize, black gram, pigeon pea, potato, peas, underutilized crops
4. Horticultural crops- Litchi, mango and guava
5. Agro-forestry system
1. Cereals- Wheat, Barley, Small millets
2. Pulses- Green gram & Horse gram
3. Oilseed- Niger, Rapeseed, Sesame, Sunflower, Groundnut, Safflower and Soybean
5. Plantation crops-Mango, Pineapple
6. Tuber crops
8. Farm implements
Testing Service Functions:
2. Bee keeping
3. Lac culture
4. Seed Production
5. Medicinal Crops
6. Transfer of Technology
Research Facilities Created:
In the university some of the following new facilities have been created and strengthened during last few years. These facilities are made available to undertake research in various fields by scientists and research students:
Computer Application Centre
Farms of IGKV
Soil Microbiology Laboratory
Plant Pathology Laboratory
Mother orchard and Horticultural Nursery
Mist Chambers, Green Houses and Net Houses
Mushroom Production Unit and Laboratory
â€¢ Crop Diversification
â€¢ Medicinal Plants & Research
â€¢ Increasing Cropping Intensity
â€¢ Cultivation of Cash Crops like Sugarcane, Cotton etc.
â€¢ Natural Resins & Gums
â€¢ Forage crops
The Important Research Works going on:
Plant Breeding and Genetics
Identification and isolation of GM resistant lines through MAS.
i. Identification of gall midge resistant genes Gm-1 to Gm-2
ii. Tagging and mapping of genes
i. Long Term Fertilizer
ii. Soil Microbiology
i. Agro-meteorogical advisory service
ii. Varietal Evaluation based on weather and climate
i. Bio control
ii. Insect Resistance Varieties
ii. Disease Resistance Varieties
i. Increasing Cropping Intensity
ii. Identification of Suitable Cropping System
iii. Organic Farming
i. Vegetables and Fruit Research
ii. Use of Plastics in Agriculture
i. Suitable Tree Species for Agroforestry
i. Developing Suitable Packages
ii. Ornamental Fishes
i. Drought Physiology of Rice Crop
i. Natural Resource Economics
ii. Upland Rice
Land and Water Management:
i. Farm Pond Technology
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV), Raipur Indira Gandhi Agricultural University (IGAU), Raipur is a renowned university for providing training in agricultural sciences and allied disciplines at Under Graduate and Postgraduate level. The university was established on 20 June 1987 in Raipur District of Madhya Pradesh State. Now Raipur is a district of Chhattisgarh State carved out from Madhya Pradesh.Since the start, the university has the motto to at least double the crop yields in the region with appropriate increase in livestock husbandry, fishery and agro-forestry etc. The university has the mission to make possible nonstop development in agriculture and allied fields by increasing quality manpower, providing relevant technological solutions, piloting their field uses and supporting other related activities. To make its mission possible the University strives continuously-
* To provide quality education in the areas of agriculture and allied sciences.
* To undertake basic, applied and adoptive research and to develop the most appropriate solutions and technologies that are relevant to the area and which can elevate the socio-economic conditions of the people.
* To provide direct and indirect education and technological support to the public in general and to farmers in the area in particular, this has been done with purpose to improve agriculture productivity and the economic situation of the rural people.
* To build up commercial potential of the agriculture sector in the area by facilitating and supporting the growth of agriculture based industries.
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya
Address : Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Krishak Nagar - 492 012,Raipur, Chhattisgarh, INDIA
Type : State University
Tel : 091-771-424481 / 424666
Fax : 091-771-424532
E-mail : email@example.com
EPBX : 2443166/2515/2581/2839/2836
Website : http://igau.edu.in/
Vice Chancellor : Tel: 0771 2443419(O)2443008(R)
Registrar : Tel: 0771 2442537, 427594(O) 2443014, 426894(R)
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya
Construction of ground floor (Tender)
PhD Programme (Admission Notice)
Experienced Professor (Job Vacancy)
Indian and Foreign Books (Tender)
Use of fly ash as fertilizer graws flake from environmentalists (News)
Supply of Degree Folders (Tender)
Lab wares, Lab Furnitures and laboratory Equipments (Tender)
Construction of Barbed wire fencing (Tender)
Electricity woeks (Tender)
Construction of Hostels and Library (Tender)
Laboratory Equipments and Farm Machines etc (Tender)
Sanshodhan Suchna (News)
PhD and MVSC Programmes (Admission Notice)
Virginia tech recognition for PEC alumnus (News)
Construction of Girls Hostel (Tender)
Electrical works (Tender)
Summary: Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur Chhattisgarh website, mobile, contact address and approval / recognition details.