Largest database of Universities and Colleges in India situated in more than 9000 towns.
Home Contact Us
Pvt Institutes in Karnataka
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, Karnataka
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, Karnataka
Manipal (District Manipal)
Karnataka, IndiaPin Code : 576119
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka is a recognised institute / college. Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka is also known as Manipal Engineering College.
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka was established on / in 1957.
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka is situated in Manipal of Karnataka state (Province) in India. This data has been provided by www.punjabcolleges.com. Manipal comes under Manipal Tehsil, Manipal District.
Fax # of Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka is 820-2571071.
email ID(s) is
Website of Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka is http://www.manipal.edu/mit/.
Additional Information about Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka is : Affiliated to Manipal University.
Contact Details of Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka are : Telephone: +91-820-2571061/ 2571070, 271201, 2925522
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal Karnataka runs course(s) in Aeronautical Engineering, Architecture, Astronomy/Astrophysics, Biotechnology, Computer Applications, Computer Hardware and Networking, Engineering, Information Technology stream(s).
Profile of Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)The Manipal Institute of Technology plays a vital role in producing world class engineers tuned to the demands of a fast changing global village. Started in 1957 as Manipal Engineering College, MIT was the first self-financed engineering college in India. The primary mission of the Institute is to educate the students and to discover and disseminate knowledge through research. The Institute is committed to achieve excellence in these activities and evaluates the success and leadership of its programmes using the highest standards of quality, innovation and visibility. It has affiliations with professional bodies like the Institution of Engineers (India), American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE), Illumination Engineering Society of North America (IESNA), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Computer Society of India (CSI), The Institute of Chemical Engineers, Indian Society of Lighting Engineers (ISLE). Music and Fine Arts Club, Photography Club and the HAM Club are also active on the campus.
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), one of the premier engineering institutes in India, was among the first self-financed engineering colleges in the country. MIT plays a vital role in producing world-class engineers tuned to the demands of a fast changing global village. Started in 1957, as Manipal Engineering College, primarily with an under-graduate course in Civil Engineering, MIT currently offers graduate programs (B.E / B.Arch) in 16 disciplines and postgraduate courses (M.Tech / M.Arch / MCA) in 21 different streams and Doctoral (Ph.D) programs in all streams of engineering. With total student strength of over 6500,MIT has since emerged as the largest institute of the University. MITis ISO 9001: 2000 certified by TUV and has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), a world class technical institution, was established in 1957. The institute offers graduate programmes in 16 disciplines and post graduate programmes in 21 different streams. The courses focus on all round growth while exploring the latest developments in science and technology. With state of the art facilities, experienced faculty members and a homely hostel, MIT is the definitive technical institute to be in.
Vision and Mission
'Excellence in Technical Education through Innovation and Teamwork'
* Customer Focus
* Continuous learning and improvement
* Integrity and Trust
Quality and Policy
* Provides organisational support for achieving quality at all levels
* Involve and empower everybody in the process of continuous improvement
* Encourage problem solving, innovation and research by interdisciplinary teams
* Focus on internal and external customer
* To provide quality education and long term value creation
* To organise continuing education programmes regularly, in order to keep the faculty, students and practicing engineers abreast of ever changing technology
* To anticipate and fulfill the requirements of the students, industry and community by adopting best practices
* To enhance the quality of life through R & D, teamwork and industry partnership
The details of leadership right from the inception of MIT is detailed below:
1. Prof. K B Krishna Rao 15/7/1957 to 25/6/1958
2. Prof. R K KNarayan 26/6/1958 to 16/3/1959
3. Prof. M N Kamath 17/3/1959 to 30/10/1961
4. Prof. P VenkataramanBhat 31/10/1961 to 20/6/1971
5. Prof. B V Krishnamurthy 1/7/1971 to 30/6/1976
6. Prof. V Chandrashekhar 1/7/1976 to 31/1/1980
7. Prof. T Radhakrishnan 1/2/1980 to 31/3/1980
8. Dr. K V Kamath 1/4/1980 to 29/7/1985
9. Prof. U R Kamath 30/7/1985 to 31/12/1986
10. Prof. AlladiPrabhakar 1/1/1987 to 8/2/1996
11. Prof. P V Bhandary 9/2/1996 to 8/10/2000
1. Prof. (Dr.) M N Shetty 9/10/2000 to 8/10/2002
2. Prof. (Dr.) B S Prabhu 9/10/2002 to 25/4/2006
3. Dr. (Prof.) RaghuvirPai 26/4/2006 to 4/6/2006
4. Brig. (Dr.) S SPabla 5/6/2006 to 19/4/2009
5. Dr.NarayanaSabhahit 20/4/2009 to 7/6/2009
6. Brig.(Dr.) SomnathMishra 8/06/2009 - to date
Images / newspaper cuttings related to Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) ...more images
Some other Colleges in Karnataka
ICFAI National College (INC), Bellary, Bellary
S. Linganna Layout, Opp.Water Booster, Moka Road, Gandhinagar
Bellary (District )
Cartes Blanche, Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Bengaluru (Bangalore) (District )
Sri Basaveshwar Arts College, Lingasugur
Lingasugur (District Raichur)
Father Muller Homoeopathic Medical College Deralakatte Kankanady, Mangalore
Father Muller Road, University Road, Deralakatte
PB No 501
Mangalore (District Mangalore)
Shri Hingulambika Education Societys Ayurvedic Medical College, Gulbarga
Bhavasar Nagar, Sedam Road
Gulbarga (District Gulbarga)
Write to us giving good and bad things about your college, we will publish it on this site. email us at punjabcolleges @ gmail.com (without spaces)